Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS (March 20th 2014)

AVF Regular

ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS (March 20th 2014)

I am sure this has been posted but cant find it
    so posting again

Despite the controversies, it is clear that e-cigarettes are far less hazardous than is tobacco. With more than a million UK smokers using them to help to cut down or quit smoking, they are proving to be valuable harm reduction and cessation products and could make a substantial contribution to reducing the burden of death, disability and poverty currently caused by tobacco smoking. Health professionals should embrace this potential by encouraging smokers, particularly those disinclined to use licensed nicotine replacement therapies, to try them, and, when possible, to do so in conjunction with existing NHS smoking cessation and harm reduction support. E-cigarettes will save lives, and we should support their use.
    link
    What you need to know about electronic cigarettes | Royal College of Physicians
    Noe, lozza 82, essiemessy and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Another link worthy of posting on every quit site we can find
    margyb and spud like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I heard on Vaportrails TV that there are over 2 million UK vapers now (includes dual use though)
    spud likes this.

tagged to ccwa already
    margyb likes this.

What I want to see written on my tombstone is "This is the future home of Ron........".

and to the prof's blog as well, after I finally found a link back a few pages
    margyb and maggie like this.

What I want to see written on my tombstone is "This is the future home of Ron........".

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    I heard on Vaportrails TV that there are over 2 million UK vapers now (includes dual use though)
    dual use is such a bloody non issue. Any vape as opposed to a smoke is a good idea FFS. Why all the who haa!?!!!!
    essiemessy likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    dual use is such a bloody non issue. Any vape as opposed to a smoke is a good idea FFS. Why all the who haa!?!!!!
    I concur. My daughter vapes at work, but prefers to still smoke at home. That's cool - that's her smoking halved. Sure beats a fail!
    My brother is currently doing the same thing, and expects to change over completely when he gets his head around vaping more confidently. He's been using a 0mg elusion, and I gave him an evod kit and mixed up some 18 for him to vape on during his holiday with us this last week. He still smokes as well, but who TH am I to tell him or my girl what to do??? They'll get there in their own way.
    margyb and Altered1 like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    I agree dual use is not an issue as if they eventually transition to vaping alone that is their choice
    It was just what I heard on the show as the literature says 1.3 million vapers in the UK

AVF Regular
    This is only link I can find ATM about vapers in UK

Ecigarettes full of puff as user numbers triple to 2.1m | The Sunday Times

AVF Regular
    I know Margy - not a shot at you at all! I just can't understand the Zealots' fear of it.

"oh look, I vape and I smoke 50:50" That's halved the number of smokes consumed! Better than smoking 100% Why fear it ????? Even if they don't switch to vaping exclusively.

Anyway - good to see some medico's getting the idea
    margyb likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast