• 6 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By margyb
  • 1 Post By spud
  • 3 Post By JenJ
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 5 Post By JenJ

Thread: The E-Cig Market Is Still Smokin'

The E-Cig Market Is Still Smokin'

Although the Food and Drug Administration will undoubtedly try to snuff out the emerging electronic cigarette market when it reveals its soon-to-be-released regulations, the industry continues evolving in new, unforeseen directions that will leave regulators, antismoking crusaders, and politicians scrambling once again to catch up.

According to Wells Fargo, sales are on fire and far surpass original estimates because of innovations and variations that are a natural outgrowth of an unregulated industry. Because early numbers focused only on so-called "cig-alikes" -- those devices used as a form of nicotine-replacement therapy to deliver nicotine more safely -- sales data has dramatically underestimated how far the market has grown, perhaps by as much as 60%. The analyst now estimates the total e-cig retail market in the U.S. at $2 billion as second- and third-generation devices begin to eclipse sales of original e-cigs.
    The E-Cig Market Is Still Smokin'

AVF Regular
    Nice find OD
    Bookmarked
    spud likes this.

The analyst now estimates the total e-cig retail market in the U.S. at $2 billion as second- and third-generation devices begin to eclipse sales of original e-cigs.
    Excellent Thanks OD
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Yay! It's a run away train....it makes me happy when I think how infuriating this must be for those that believe they can control the masses. They must be desperately scrambling to catch up and feeling a little out of control themselves.
    Fatman, spud and sc_rufctr like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Yay! It's a run away train....it makes me happy when I think how infuriating this must be for those that believe they can control the masses. They must be desperately scrambling to catch up and feeling a little out of control themselves.
    I sure hope so
    spud likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    You know, I've often thought that smokers would be a likely group to start a revolution, and the topic of vaping a good catalyst.

Anyone who is still smoking after a 30 year campaign to brainwash, control and capitalise on our 'weakness' is likely to be a person who doesn't sit down quietly when told to. All those who have faith in the powers-that-be have long ago been terrified into obediently quitting.

Or if you were one who repeatedly tried and still couldn't quit, you probably started to realise that you were being used and abused at some point along the way and carry a fair bit of anger and resentment about that. A group of smokers huddled on the periphery of 'acceptable' with those kinds of feelings is, naturally, a hotbed of anti-establishment sentiment.

Vive le revolution!

AVF Regular
    So, to quote douglas adams: who will be first up against the wall when the revolution comes?

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF