Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Air Canada let man 'vape' e-cigarette on board, says passenger

Air Canada let man 'vape' e-cigarette on board, says passenger

Saw this earlier in the week and thought I'd post it up as it attracted over 800 comments.
    Interesting to hear the arguments for and against vaping in public .....

An Air Canada flight crew did nothing to stop a man "vaping" an electronic cigarette during a flight from Calgary to Toronto two weeks ago, says a passenger.

On March 28, Calgary businesswoman Elizabeth Cole arrived at Calgary International Airport for a flight to Toronto. While waiting to board the plane, she says she noticed a man using the e-cigarette in line and figured the flight crew would make him stop once he was on the plane but they did not.

"I was very surprised that it was allowed to happen," Cole said. "I don't understand how flight attendants did not see him. He wasn't hiding it."
    Air Canada let man 'vape' e-cigarette on board, says passenger - Calgary - CBC News

AVF Regular
    Beacause it NOT A CIGARETTE!
    susie canasta likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    Beacause it NOT A CIGARETTE!
    Yeah ^^ what he said.

And did the reporter bother to look at that airline's rules? Whilst some/many airlines have specifically stated "E-Cigs" are banned for use in flight I believe some airlines have not done so.. In which case, what is this report about? About as much to report as, say, "A passenger drank some water in the flight...".
    Vapes of Groth likes this.
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    Yeah ^^ what he said.

And did the reporter bother to look at that airline's rules? Whilst some/many airlines have specifically stated "E-Cigs" are banned for use in flight I believe some airlines have not done so.. In which case, what is this report about? About as much to report as, say, "A passenger drank some water in the flight...".
    Don't drink the water from the basin in the toilet on a plane, it's recycled.... Ewwwwwww!
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Although it's legal to do so, I rarely vape in places I couldn't smoke. Partly ingrained preconditioned behaviour but partly because I want the public on my side when it comes to an e-cig debate. I don't vape in airports, planes, trains, restaurants, shopping centres etc etc.......but I do vape openly in the street, at social gatherings, when I'm on tour (although I have been known to have the occasional stealth vape driving the bus back from the Rock late at night when the punters are asleep). My reasoning is simple, I want to promote vaping as an alternative to smoking and I don't want to antagonise non-vapers/smokers by clouding up their space.....regardless of whether it's harmful or not. I value my space and I assume other people do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaktop View Post
    Although it's legal to do so, I rarely vape in places I couldn't smoke. Partly ingrained preconditioned behaviour but partly because I want the public on my side when it comes to an e-cig debate. I don't vape in airports, planes, trains, restaurants, shopping centres etc etc.......but I do vape openly in the street, at social gatherings, when I'm on tour (although I have been known to have the occasional stealth vape driving the bus back from the Rock late at night when the punters are asleep). My reasoning is simple, I want to promote vaping as an alternative to smoking and I don't want to antagonise non-vapers/smokers by clouding up their space.....regardless of whether it's harmful or not. I value my space and I assume other people do too.
    Exactly. I've seen people openly vaping in shopping centres etc and have wondered where their thought processes are.

Very well said and I agree with you wholeheartedly .. Couldn't have put it better myself .. Have had a few arguments with people on this topic .. Throwing it (unnecessarily) at people in public places will only do harm to the vaping community .. consider this:

I work for myself doing pool equipment installs .. Pumps filters blah blah .. More often than not there is nobody home at the premises that I'm doing an install .. about 2 weeks ago not thinking anyone was home I pulled out my mod and had a toke just as the woman of house came round the corner to see how I was going .. The look on her face said it all .. as I tried to explain what I was doing she said very nervously said that's ok, I don't mind .. The woman clearly thought I was doing DRUGS! I couldn't leave it there for so many obvious reasons .. I sat her down and explained that I had given up smoking and this was an eCig .. she was absolutely intrigued by the whole thing .. She learnt something .. And SO DID !!
    Midlife and BKA like this.
    Smoke Free 'n Vaping Happily
    Since 1/2/2014

Very well said and I agree with you wholeheartedly .. Couldn't have put it better myself .. Have had a few arguments with people on this topic .. Throwing it (unnecessarily) at people in public places will only do harm to the vaping community .. consider this:

I work for myself doing pool equipment installs .. Pumps filters blah blah .. More often than not there is nobody home at the premises that I'm doing an install .. about 2 weeks ago not thinking anyone was home I pulled out my mod and had a toke just as the woman of house came round the corner to see how I was going .. The look on her face said it all .. as I tried to explain what I was doing she said very nervously that's ok, I don't mind .. The woman clearly thought I was doing DRUGS! I couldn't leave it there for so many obvious reasons .. I sat her down and explained that I had given up smoking and this was an eCig .. she was absolutely intrigued by the whole thing .. She learnt something .. And SO DID I !!
    Last edited by OL'54MOD; 20-04-14 at 07:12 PM.
    Since 1/2/2014

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OL'54MOD View Post
    .... and had a toke just as the woman of house came round the corner to see how I was going .. The look on her face said it all .. as I tried to explain what I was doing she said very nervously said that's ok, I don't mind .. The woman clearly thought I was doing DRUGS! I couldn't leave it there for so many obvious reasons .. I sat her down and explained that I had given up smoking and this was an eCig .. she was absolutely intrigued by the whole thing .. She learnt something .. And SO DID !!
    I find, like you highlight here, most people I've encountered have similar reactions - having no idea what Vaping is or is about. First assumptions often seem to be "that a bong?".
    madkrim and Immy like this.
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    I find, like you highlight here, most people I've encountered have similar reactions - having no idea what Vaping is or is about. First assumptions often seem to be "that a bong?".
    Yeah seems to be a common misconception .. but highlights the ignorance to vaping that still exists .. not helped by the fact that you can get vaporizers specifically for pot .. that look quite similar to our PV's
    Since 1/2/2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast