Like Tree21Likes
  • 9 Post By jman
  • 5 Post By BlackDog
  • 2 Post By Christine J
  • 3 Post By OL'54MOD
  • 2 Post By spud

Thread: French find 1% of population using e-cigs

French find 1% of population using e-cigs

Quite an interesting study done by the french (it has been translated to English). They have found that electronic cigarettes have helped over 1% of the population. The interesting thing about this survey compared to other vaping surveys is that participants were not invited to participate, meaning results were not heavily skewed by hard-core vapers or hard-core anti-vape people. The company who ran the study cold called 2,500 people at random to ask them about smoking and electronic cigarettes. Many researches believe this is the most honest survey and a true representation of how effective electronic cigarettes actually are.

The survey is called ETINCEL-OFDT survey (Enquête Téléphonique pour l’Information sur la Cigarette Électronique) or Telephone Survey for information on Electronic cigarettes.

Well worth a read.

New French representative survey: 1% of the population has quit smoking thanks to e-cigarettes | Anti-THR Lies and related topics
    Old Dog, JenJ, BlackDog and 6 others like this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Interesting study. Worth noting that the population of france is about 65 million, so that 1% translates to around 650,000. Quite an impressive figure.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    Arhh, the beautiful people of France will never be pushed around like a truck load of sheep! They are brave principled, passionate people who are certainly rebels and for that I applaud them. I have spent quite a bit of time in mainly rural areas of France over the last couple of years and was pleasantly surprised to find some interesting and remarkable places where people still smoked (even though the EU tell's the they are not allowed to). Nonetheless, we all know how sinister and deathly cigarettes are by now and it is wonderful to see the French embracing vaping. Is there a French vaping forum? I must admit I haven't researched it yet, but they would jump on board to protect our rights. As an added note, I am very disappointed to suddenly see the lack of donations th Heavely Vapours, cmon guys! You are saving a fortune by vaping, please spare a little more cash before time runs out or we will be buggered!
    spud and OL'54MOD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Interesting study. Worth noting that the population of france is about 65 million, so that 1% translates to around 650,000. Quite an impressive figure.
    It is impressive .. The positives for vaping from all over the world are overwhelming .. Why are we even fighting this fight ??
    JenJ, spud and Christine J like this.
    Smoke Free 'n Vaping Happily
    Since 1/2/2014

Quote Originally Posted by OL'54MOD View Post
    It is impressive .. The positives for vaping from all over the world are overwhelming .. Why are we even fighting this fight ??
    Yep I ask myself that everyday, "Why do we have to fight this fight ? ", and the answer doesn't change, because we live in a world full of greedy, morally bankrupt, individuals, where human life and health comes second to making a profit. So I'll keep fighting!
    HSV and Christine J like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13