Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Flying out of Australia

Flying out of Australia

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum, glad to join the online vaping community, lots of good stuff here!
    I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum...sorry if thats the case.

I have failed to find info on the net regarding travelling with Mods, ejuice and ecig accessories.
    I am flying out of Perth sometimes this year for a 3 weeks holiday and its going to be the first time for me to travel overseas since I have started vaping.

Im planning on taking with me just a basic ego like battery, a couple of tanks and probably 60ml of juice.
    Any advice or experiences you guys had going through customs?
    I am just a little worried my stuff might be confiscated or thrown away, and cant be entirely sure everyone out there knows what an ecig is.

Thanks in advance!

[/B][/B]

AVF Regular
    On the whole I think you'll be fine, but it may depend on the country you are flying to?

I've flown to Thailand with vape gear in my carry on luggage with no problems at all. But next month I'll be transiting through Dubai, so I'd be interested to know if anyone's flown through there with vape stuff?
    Christine J and Brutalol like this.

AVF Regular
    It seems to depend greatly on the airline you travel with, it would be a wise idea to ask them in advance what their policies are. Also make sure you know what the laws are in whatever countries you are going to visit.

Would it be possible to mail a package to your destination, maybe to friends/family, or the hotel you're staying at? Might give you a bit of peace of mind if you don't have to carry it through customs yourself!
    Brutalol likes this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    On the whole I think you'll be fine, but it may depend on the country you are flying to?

I've flown to Thailand with vape gear in my carry on luggage with no problems at all. But next month I'll be transiting through Dubai, so I'd be interested to know if anyone's flown through there with vape stuff?
    Please let us know how that went Jen, I'm also flying through Dubai in August. I did call Emirates helpdesk to see what's their policy and it's safe to say they just didn't know! In the end they called their desk at the airport who said it's fine to put ecigs and accessories in your checked in bags, as long as any lithium batteries are out and safely packed, but not ok to bring anything on board. I am planning on bringing a cheap ego on the plane regardless, just to see if they will let it through.
    JenJ and Christine J like this.
    DONT DRIP AND DRIVE!

AVF Regular
    Electronic cigs are illegal in Dubai they may get confiscated at customs. Thats if you are gonna stay there.
    susie canasta likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well I'll be flying Qantas and only in transit for a few hours at Dubai airport, so hopefully it won't be a problem. I'll be mighty pissed off if I lose my eBaron Drippers though.

Qantas Policy:

e-Cigarettes
    The use of e-cigarettes is not permitted on any Qantas aircraft. If carried, they must only be packed in carry-on baggage, together with all spare batteries. Spare batteries must be individually protected so as to prevent short circuits using one of the following:
    -in original retail packaging;
    -taping over exposed terminals;
    -placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch.
    This is from the Dubai Customs page:

http://www.dubaicustoms.gov.ae/en/Po.../AC10_2009.pdf

"prohibited from entering the country". Is spending two hours in the airport considered 'entering the country'? I wouldn't have thought so.

AVF Regular
    Will your onboard luggage be transferred directly to the next flight. If it does I think you will be fine. Which is most likely as its only a 2 hour stop.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Will your onboard luggage be transferred directly to the next flight. If it does I think you will be fine. Which is most likely as its only a 2 hour stop.
    Yep. I think it will be fine, I'm not really worried.

AVF Regular
    Mmmm same here Jen

AVF Regular
    What does that mean? I thought they were all lithium batteries, if so should they go in the hold or the hand baggage??? ....Confused.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast