Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Blaktop
  • 1 Post By Charlie

Thread: Can I bring my e cigs to Brisbane, Australia?

Can I bring my e cigs to Brisbane, Australia?

I am travelling to Brisbane from Los Angeles next week and I am trying to find out if I can bring a couple of 1300 batteries, a few Kangertech tanks, coils, and a few bottles of e liquid. I am researching online but get confusing answers. Does someone have the definitive answer? I have never been to Australia before and am really excited to be visiting your country.

Charlie

AVF Regular
    Hey Charlie.
    You will be fine bringing that to Australia. If anything, they will ask you what it is.
    Hope you enjoy your stay mate.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Hi Charlie,

I can't give you a definitive answer on the regulations, however, I think there is a document here somewhere covering our Civil Aviation Authority's policy / guidelines relating to vaping gear.

Which airline are you flying with?

Take the usual precautions such as storing your clearos & juice in ziplock bags in case they leak due to cabin pressure changes etc.

Hope you enjoy your trip down here. As it's your first trip, please be careful and keep an eye out for the Drop Bears...

ETA: Here is the link to the CASA policy page ---> http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dl...::pc=PC_100414
    Last edited by 308hjute; 24-04-14 at 08:28 AM. Reason: CASA link
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Can't answer about the plane trip. But Ecigs are legal to buy even in tobacconists and in street markets here in Queensland, for now. However it is illegal to sell ejuice with a nicotine level in it here )0 nic is legal, but vendors have been threatened by the Environmental Health Officers that if found to have same they will be prosecuted, and some have been charged in the past with importing ejuice with nic'). The Queensland government has classified Nicotine as a Schedule 7 poison. Have not heard of any ordinary user so threatened but with the Western Australia law changes going through at the moment it may only be time. So bring your own ejuice, in, in good safe containers if you are using any sort of nic level, we import nic' for personal use through a loophole in federal law. There are not a big market for ecigs here so it can be a bit of a stretch to find local supplies in a face on store at a decent price. if you forget anything, or run out while here. We locals usually have to import much of what we use (with the exception of a few decent vendors who usually market via websites or major city face on stores). P.S. dont forget to bring in a AU power plug or adaptor (we are on a 3 pin 240 volt plug). Good luck and have a ball when here mate.

What I want to see written on my tombstone is "This is the future home of Ron........".

AVF Regular
    And here's fact sheet on drop bears.....

Drop Bear - Australian Museum
    308hjute, ssstahly and Josh K-T like this.

Thanks for all the great replies! I've been off cigarettes for a year after forty years of smoking and don't want to go back to that, ever. Looks like I should bring my guard jackalope to protect me from the drop bears! Vape on, mates!
    308hjute likes this.

Hey Charlie, i have been through Brisbane airport a few times with no troubles at all.
    Had all my gear in a clear zip lock bag. Which included an MVP, an ego twist, couple of protanks and dripping atomizers, a small spool of kanthal, some silica and about 100ml of juice.
    I brought the ziplock bag with me on the plane (Through the xray/security) and put my chargers in my checked bag.
    I was super worried about going through the first time.
    But no one even looked twice...Accept for all the people in the smoking area! hahah

Fine with everything. Make sure all lithium batteries are in carry on luggage only and tape the ends!!
    Enjoy Brisbane!!