• 3 Post By marty
  • 1 Post By Toddosh
  • 1 Post By Nakor
  • 3 Post By m0n4g3

Thread: Considering other States

Considering other States

Just saw the state leglislation sticky:

Queensland:
    The Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996, Part 4 Section 217 states that you cannot lawfully obtain, possess, sell etc a Regulated Poison. Appendix 7 Section 3 Classifies Nicotine as a Regulated Poison.
    SEIZURES CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE

New South Wales:
    No restrictions on obtaining nicotine or possession, only retailing and wholesaling. Link. Link.

Living in NSW, I wouldnt have a clue what it must feel like to be a vaper in QLD, where seizures may start taking place at any time without warning, but I can only imagine it feels like shit. Same for some other states. I've had the luxury of ordering 100mg/mL nicotine liquids and premixed eliquids several times without ever considering that it might not get to my door. I pretty much have all my gear that I need for a while, and so wont be spending my monthly vape budgets for some time.

If anyone from those those states that have a noose loosely tied around their necks wants to start a fundraiser to help form some kind of foundation/organisation devoted to watching out for and securing their right to import, I'd be happy to donate in the same way I donated to the WA cause. Preferably started by long time trusted members of AVF.
    GirlyPantz, Midlife and Whizgig like this.

AVF Regular
    This is a state law and customs runs by a federal law by my understanding,QLD tried this for a while back in 2011 I think it was till customs told them to pull their head in.I have never had 1 shipment stopped but also never baught it to attension to the qld government what I'm importing
    susie canasta likes this.

AVF Regular
    Never stopped anything of mine, inspected or not.

Same can be said for everyone else I know round here.

There's dodgy facebook sellers bringing it in by the bucket load with no issues too.
    susie canasta likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    look i live in brisbane and i only have to travel to the next suburb 15min away to get my nic-elquid so black market already operating

Never had an issue with anything. The only seizures I've heard about were muppets actively flaunting the law and advertising nic juice online.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    This is a state law and customs runs by a federal law by my understanding,QLD tried this for a while back in 2011 I think it was till customs told them to pull their head in.I have never had 1 shipment stopped but also never baught it to attension to the qld government what I'm importing
    I work for a QLD government department and get my nic juices delivered to work. It goes through government scanning and it has never been stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by retromaticon View Post
    I work for a QLD government department and get my nic juices delivered to work. It goes through government scanning and it has never been stopped.
    Strange:: just joined and this is your first post in this forum and you work for the QLD Government!!

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
    Strange:: just joined and this is your first post in this forum and you work for the QLD Government!!
    I've lurked for a while. I figured I'd make an account. It was more to point out that people shouldn't worry about getting juices confiscated.

I don't work for QLD Health but the only confiscations I've heard of are in the Wide Bay District recently. My colleague knows the person raided and charged in Hervey Bay and they had a substantial quantity and were selling nicotine juice openly. He was buying from that person but we just now order in bulk from MBV.

Super Moderator
    TBH the best thing any one on AVF can do is go through the legal channels to obtain their nic. Supporting a local business that knowingly bypasses the law is only doing damage to the entire demographic.

Until such laws are broken down, the best thing to do is import directly from international website either premixed or purchase your nic to add to local doublers IMHO.