Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KrazyVape

Thread: FDA proposes to extend its tobacco authority to e-cigarettes

AVF Regular

FDA proposes to extend its tobacco authority to e-cigarettes

FDA proposes to extend its tobacco authority to additional tobacco products, including e-cigarettes

Consistent with currently regulated tobacco products, under the proposed rule, makers of newly deemed tobacco products would, among other requirements:

Register with the FDA and report product and ingredient listings;
    Only market new tobacco products after FDA review;
    Only make direct and implied claims of reduced risk if the FDA confirms that scientific evidence supports the claim and that marketing the product will benefit public health as a whole; and
    Not distribute free samples.

In addition, under the proposed rule, the following provisions would apply to newly “deemed” tobacco products:

Minimum age and identification restrictions to prevent sales to underage youth;
    Requirements to include health warnings; and
    Prohibition of vending machine sales, unless in a facility that never admits youth
    Last edited by Sponky; 25-04-14 at 09:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    Minimum age and identification restrictions to prevent sales to underage youth;
    My opinion(I agree with this)

Requirements to include health warnings;

My opinion(Aparently there has been enough studies on this product yet to no the long term affects)

Prohibition of vending machine sales, unless in a facility that never admits youth

My opinion(Happy with this also as B@M or Internet is where we all get them from)

AVF Regular
    "Only market new tobacco products after FDA review;" this is going to be the biggie.

AVF Regular
    In other words only tobacco companies can sell this product so they can keep collecting revenue

My opinion(BT can go and fu-k them selves and won't ever get another cent from me)

AVF Regular
    Check the other thread as well
    USA FDA announces deeming regulation today
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    I scanned down the list of topics looking for a similar one but missed it sorry.

Interesting take on it all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_E...C3HtvKohu3Ws4A

Chris is actually a pretty level headed dude... Apart from on Fridays
    DAD likes this.
    Vaping - Where have you been all my life?!?!?!

To be honest, I don't mind at all if a proper health authority has to scrutinise some of these products before they are launched to market, especially liquids and atties. No different to food in that sense, although I do understand that it has the potential to throw most (if not all) business in the way of big tobacco who have the resources to deal with approval processes. This has to be made easier to allow smaller players in the game, and of course classifying it as a tobbaco product eliminates that possibility. So that's bad.

Warnings and ingredients on the package, childproof bottles, banning under 18yo, I'm all for this.

Not allowing anyone selling PV products to claim that they are healthier than cigarettes and that they have nothing to do with tobacco, that's just lame.

So overall, more bad than good. But I can't help thinking that it could've been much worse.
    Last edited by Spyro; 25-04-14 at 11:22 PM.
    DONT DRIP AND DRIVE!