Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: So is WA going to ban electronic shisha, hookah, hookah bars or similar too?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

So is WA going to ban electronic shisha, hookah, hookah bars or similar too?

In the light of the recent WA Supreme Court ruling on electronic cigarettes, does this means electronic Shishas and Hookahs, hookah bars are banned too?
    Using these devices also requires a "hand to mouth" action with the inhaling and exhaling of vapour.

Does this mean that electronic Shishas, shishas and Hookahs are now classified as "Tobacco Product" or Smoking product and if anybody sells it in WA they are breaching s106 of the TOBACCO PRODUCTS CONTROL ACT 2006 (WA)?

Below is what the act classifies as "Tobacco Product"

TOBACCO PRODUCTS CONTROL ACT 2006 (WA)

tobacco product means any of the following

(a) tobacco in a form prepared for human consumption or use; or

(b) a cigarette or cigar or any other product the main, or a substantial, ingredient of which is tobacco and which is designed for human consumption or use; or

(c) a product prepared for smoking that contains a herb or other plant matter, whether or not the product also contains tobacco,

Any lawyers in this Forum?

brothermuffin
    remi1au likes this.

AVF Regular
    Do places you have described currently exist in WA ? ... If so, common sense would suggest they would have to come under the same ban ...
    GirlyPantz likes this.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

e: misread

AVF Regular
    I have occasionally seen hookahs ( not sure electronic or traditional) for sale in Middle eastern mini marts etc ... I guess their gear is at risk of confiscation too ?

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

don't forget bongs and crack pipes too while your at it

AVF Regular
    And can we add Rollie papers to the list?
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by remi1au View Post
    Do places you have described currently exist in WA ? ... If so, common sense would suggest they would have to come under the same ban ...
    My understanding is hookah/shisha bars you are smoking flavored tobacco .. So prob won't come under same restriction .. Same as actual cigarettes don't .. Wtf!!
    GirlyPantz, tom32, maggie and 1 others like this.
    Smoke Free 'n Vaping Happily
    Since 1/2/2014

AVF Regular
    Last edited by 308hjute; 27-04-14 at 09:49 PM.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OL'54MOD View Post
    My understanding is hookah/shisha bars you are smoking flavored tobacco .. So prob won't come under same restriction .. Same as actual cigarettes don't .. Wtf!!
    Oh that's right ... I forgot ... It's ok to smoke the actual poisonous stuff .. Just not the harmless stuff looks a bit like the poisonous stuff .. I think ..

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Little Lebanon is 2 restaurants in Perth (Dog Swamp and Osborne Park) who "rent" shishas for peoples enjoyment, but I wonder how much legislation is put on them. I regularly see underages served here, and as they don't sell cigarettes, I wonder what kind of grey area they're in with regards to their selling of tobacco products. I see a much more direct correlation between these and cigarettes than our gaping, can anyone clarify?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast