Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Meanwhile, in less hysterical places

Meanwhile, in less hysterical places

BBC news today

DONT DRIP AND DRIVE!

AVF Regular
    spyro i was just watching that too - bbc rocks! interviewee is a stop smoking therapist so of course he's going to be sceptical - he'll soon be out of a job if vaping keeps growing...

AVF Regular
    First half was quite good.

Second part was almost clutching at straws. Sad when you have to use anecdotally so many times.
    Havshoj likes this.

The guy in second part of the video clip essentially said;

"We only have anecdotal evidence that they help people quit smoking, so we shouldn't jump too quickly in promoting e-cigs."

"We have anecdotal evidence that ecigs can explode and kill you children, so we should jump quickly to heavily restrict ecigs."

Cognitive dissonance much?

There's never a mid ground. Always partisan.
    ahabse7en likes this.

i always hate those exploding batteries/ charger excuses, i mean ANY battery you charge ANY Charger could do this, i wonder how many people have been injured by their phone in a similar fashion over the last 5 years compared to the same number for PV's
    ahabse7en likes this.

AVF Regular
    from 3.38......

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    The plural of anecdote is data.
    TobaccoIsDead likes this.

If my Greek hasn't failed me, I think anecdote literally means unpublished ie unofficial
    Greeks use the same word for stories/jokes, word of mouth etc
    sc_rufctr likes this.
    DONT DRIP AND DRIVE!

AVF Regular
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I thought he was reasonable. I don't see a problem in being careful with the way PVs are allowed......allowed is much better than banning. But then again, I'm the guy who goes out to the smoking areas to vape as opposed to vaping anywhere I like because I can. I'd rather have vaping legal and available with similar restrictions to where and when as smoking than outright banned. There is a much better chance of having restrictions eased after enough time for "proper long term" testing (if they're banned there will be no testing....no need because they're illegal) when they do prove to be safe than getting them legalised after they've been banned.

At the end of the day, I do this for me, no-one else. I choose what I believe is a safer alternative. I don't really give a damn about "vapers' rights to vape anywhere they like". I've been under smoking restrictions since they started introducing them, I'm happy enough to vape under the same restrictions......more important to me is that I am allowed to vape at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaktop View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I thought he was reasonable. I don't see a problem in being careful with the way PVs are allowed......allowed is much better than banning. But then again, I'm the guy who goes out to the smoking areas to vape as opposed to vaping anywhere I like because I can. I'd rather have vaping legal and available with similar restrictions to where and when as smoking than outright banned. There is a much better chance of having restrictions eased after enough time for "proper long term" testing (if they're banned there will be no testing....no need because they're illegal) when they do prove to be safe than getting them legalised after they've been banned.

At the end of the day, I do this for me, no-one else. I choose what I believe is a safer alternative. I don't really give a damn about "vapers' rights to vape anywhere they like". I've been under smoking restrictions since they started introducing them, I'm happy enough to vape under the same restrictions......more important to me is that I am allowed to vape at all.

Spot on mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast