Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: WA's sales ban on ABC news

AVF Regular

WA's sales ban on ABC news

here is the video link LINK

AVF Regular
    so do we know who the person is who got nailed? Is he on this forum? Care to shed some light? Does this mean no more vaping in WA anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    so do we know who the person is who got nailed? Is he on this forum? Care to shed some light? Does this mean no more vaping in WA anymore?
    Havent been around much eh?

HeavenlyVapours Court Loss Results In Total Ban of All E-Cig Model Sales In WA

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D Jovanovic View Post
    no read the article previously. Only had a quick read of the new link OP posted, not sure if it is related or not.

AVF Regular
    "We just don't know" .. i.e. we can't find any believable research that ejuice, it's components, or vaping is bad for you, or gives us a valid reason to ban them (and don't think they haven't looked).
    .. so we have to resort to "doubt" as the reason, and ban them now before the general public realises we're FOS.
    Last edited by Greg; 05-05-14 at 06:55 PM.
    jen, AstroBoy, Brutalol and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Yes, this is all the same case. The ABC piece is interesting. I wonder how it was edited. They let the #^%$#^ from the Health Dept say his bit on "we don't know about health", but Vince never got to say anything on the topic.

There is a current gofundme campaign and a petition. You will easily find links in this section of the forum i.e. E-Cigarette / Vaporization: Political and Media discussion.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    More bad publicity, nothing at all about the benefits of vaping or the real research that has been done but enough from the ANTZ to make it look unsafe.
    originalglenn likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    The health guy first says "there is nothing safe about ecigs" and then says "they dont know about any long term effects".

Spoken like a true crook or idiot.
    ultravape, Brutalol and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Another un-academic academic numpster.

So let's put the 'ban the ecig' players in perspective.

The anti-smoking side:- They have devoted a lot of time, energy, study and professional standing to arrive at their position and like most zealots, have lost sight of the true reason they took their stance long ago; they will not concede an inch, no matter what the evidence would suggest. Their reason for taking their stance was 'supposedly' for the protection of the ignorant and innocent affected by smoking. They have far too much of a vested interest in the topic, both professionally and economically to provide a reasoned argument against ecigs.

The commercial side (Big Pharma and Big Tobacco):- I don't really need to say much here, loss of sales is their biggest motivator, Big Tobacco, far less then Big Pharma, as, is evidenced by this site, many people who quit smoking through the use of ecigs, still use ecigs, where as the same people far less use products provided by pharmaceutical companies to help them stay off the smokes. Big Tobacco has started investing in ecigs, so has both bases covered and less of a need to seek a ban.

The Government:- Contrary to what they say and would have you believe, smoking taxes bring in far more money then they cost the taxpayer for the medical costs incurred through treating smoking related medical conditions. The Government stands to lose $hundreds of millions if the majority of smokers, quit or switched to alternatives. This makes the Government (any Government) easy pickings for lobbyists and is a simple sell as to why they need to get on board with the program to outlaw ecigs.

The media:- The media, lost credibility for reasoned reporting a long time ago and simply goes with whatever sensational item they can serve up; need evidence, look no further then the fact that today, News Limited reportedly paid $200,000 for photos of James Packer's fist fight. With the 24 hour news cycle, most reasoned, actual reporting went out the window a long time ago; they will simply go for the easiest target.

Humble ecig user:- We all know the benefits, we have found something that finally helps us kick a habit, which is know to kill. We are a minority, with a disjointed voice, which unless we get our shit together and fast, vaping will have not future in this country. This is my opinion and I might be wrong (I hope I am). This will obviously come across as pessimistic, and may not be what you want to hear, or acknowledge, but if you look at the agendas stacked up against us, the writing is on the wall.

Australia has a history of acting harshly, gun laws being an example, it would be very easy for them to ban ecigs completely and the general public would not give a stuff about it.
    Noe, ultravape, Cherie2937 and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast