Like Tree27Likes
  • 2 Post By MrGruffy
  • 3 Post By JatoOspry
  • 1 Post By Mick77
  • 8 Post By Throne
  • 5 Post By sperex
  • 7 Post By mathsguy

Thread: Australian Vapers Association (AVA) Update, Web Guru and Social media adviser wanted

AVF Regular

Australian Vapers Association (AVA) Update, Web Guru and Social media adviser wanted

Reposted here in its own thread for broader reach. Sorry 'bout the bold.

We are waiting for ASIC to finalise our national registration (we have Vic reg), we are busy preparing for the AGM where a properly constructed and run election for a committee with a mandate to take the AVA forward for the next year. We are looking to have the AGM as soon as possible, minimum of 3-5 weeks after the national registration is realised and notices go out.

A task is evident that needs the input from a committed and clever person to help with our web strategy to take to the AGM. In part we'd like this person to;

• Draft and present a coherent web and social media strategy for the AVA
    • Provide costed options for web hosting and related development, implementation and support costs
    • Assist with setting up a suitable web based meeting place for the AGM, with attention to credible voting capability

We see this person's help being from asap to at least the AGM, and carry on from there as an appointed position if the new committee so decides

If you have the interest, time and skill to help, please let me know, likewise if you have any more questions, especially to clarify this notice.

Apologies for obvious errors and omissions, happy to take your constructive feedback.

So fa
    r only Mr jato has offered, c'mon you lot, show him there is other talent out there.
    Last edited by MrGruffy; 06-05-14 at 11:08 PM.
    RichoVonBlack and Vaporific like this.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    A forum wide announcement has now been made to bring light to this thread.

Godspeed MrGruffy.
    lozza 82, mrsgruffy and MrGruffy like this.

AVF Regular
    Really... I thought Timmy had offered as well.. Might be worth contacting him
    mrsgruffy likes this.

This is definitely something that I'd like to help out with if I'm required.

I'm by no means a web developer, nor do I have experience in drafting a social media strategy.
    I do however have a strong understanding of web technologies and social media in general. I'm no stranger to the world of web hosting / content management systems / message board software.
    I also have experience with photoshop and some experience designing web / print publications.

There are likely to be more qualified persons here than myself, but I'm passionate about vaping and its future in Australia, so I'd like to help any way I can.
    Robray, giruvian, lozza 82 and 5 others like this.

What you've described is pretty much a subset of what I do.

Having said that, I don't have the space for a full time anything - but am more than willing to provide support formulating the strategies and then backfill for whomever would take this role.
    giruvian, lozza 82, Fatman and 2 others like this.

I don’t do fonts or people things, but I’ll pick up a shovel to help with back end coding if required (perl, php & friends).
    Robray, giruvian, Stomp and 4 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Thread rewound ... vendor promotion and sentiments in wrong place ....Thanks for pointing it out nicely folks
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them