Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rynxa

Thread: Person from an Australian State Government conducts an AMA on Reddit

Person from an Australian State Government conducts an AMA on Reddit

Original AMA I work for a State Government agency responsible for prohibiting E-Cigs AMAA : electronic_cigarette

Discussion about deleted posts: Re-Posting this AMA as the OP deleted their account and posts. : electronic_cigarette

If someone saw the AMA prior to the person deleting all his posts, could you please let us know about the answers. If I had seen it earlier, I would have screenshotted.

AVF Regular
    Daaaaaaamn. If you find screenshots (or something pulled from someone's cache) elsewhere, any chance of a repost here? TIA. I also would have liked to have read that, even if they were drinking the company kool-aid.

Although I like the fact that they may have tried to open a dialogue with the biggest stakeholders with the most to lose in this issue (which is more than anyone else has tried to do) - they essentially jumped into shark infested waters wearing a diving suit made of raw meat. They would have had more fun coming here instead .

From the looks of things, it really looks like they had no approval from their employer to start that AMA. I wouldn't be surprised if it got taken down forcibly, and there's a very high likelihood (in fact, pretty much a certainty) that that employee has been straight up fired over it - or came damned close (particularly since they deleted everything without a word of explanation, they haven't appeared in any follow ups, and the remains of the thread mention that it was posted from a throw away account - so the OP knew they were taking a risk).

Big Brother takes a very dim view of their thrall flapping their gums in public about their work. The career ending, barred from the public sector, profession blackballing type of "dim view". And they would have been all over this like flies on poop (which is, funnily enough, exactly what the poor OP is probably eyeball deep in right now).
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    I saw this, might have been a troll. I'm not entirely sure. Cached copy of the throwaway account screen shot.

http://i.imgur.com/SaxmY5H.png link so you can zoom
    marty likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    That screen shot to me shows they are being paid by Nicorette etc to stop this, he is coming off as a salesmen for Nicorette etc.

AVF Regular
    Interesting... thanks for screenshot.

The OP doesn't seem angry or anything, though those posts looked like they were from early on in the show.

I still think they would have had more fun here
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Here is the cache URL if anyone wants it.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    It's a TROLL.

IF any state Government agency was attempting to ban e-cigs the last thing they would be doing is announcing their intentions on a public forum.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014