Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: is this the beginning of the end

AVF Regular

is this the beginning of the end

usa has just reliced there new fda law hear a nice vid suming them up..

with what happing in WA now over in the USA. is this now the beginning of the end.
    DAD and Hidden1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Yep, the cat is out of the bag for them. The bear is well and truly poked. I hope they can motivate their numbers and apply pressure to their local political representative, their doctors, the cancer councils and the media. Just like here, there will be people who oppose this because it is what the government wants to do, there will be rights activists that wont want this because it will impose on their rights to vape. Lets hope it only gets up with major modification
    Hidden1 likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

lmb
    AVF Regular
    I prefer to think of this as the end of the beginning. The truth is it's a bit of a 'wild west' feel in vaping where anyone and their grandmother can open up a shop selling or manufacturing mods, juice etc. The FDA proposal is extremely heavy handed however some form of regulation is inevitable given how big vaping has become. Let's hope that the regulations are watered down a bit to ensure that progress can continue to be made.
    CMB, TrueNews, Buffaloo and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    yer we can only hope there wartered down... but with some of the stuiped laws they all ready have and the years of protest that allready has been. i find it unlikey... there one of the most poicile currept country in the would. if not the most..

unfourntaly i think that over there if vaporing is to have any further the changes will have to be pushed from iver BT or BP. but more then likly BP...

they have the numbers but i dont think they will count for much it will umilitly come down to who brushes who's hand with what cash ...

Quote Originally Posted by oxey View Post
    usa has just reliced there new fda law hear a nice vid suming them up..

with what happing in WA now over in the USA. is this now the beginning of the end.
    It's a bird! It's a plane! no it's Oxey!

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I think vapers and the industry itself has to shoulder some of the blame for what is going on. Think about how far vaping has diverted from its original incarnation, eg low wattage devices vapourising nicotine and flavours made in a pharmaceutical grade laboratory.

Now we have mum and pop mixing up juice out of flavours intended for food, without having s clue what is in them and smashing them down at 50watts.

I think Dr Farsalinos' research results is going to define the turning point somehow.
    Fatman, TrueNews, Aikhme and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    It's the beginning but certainly not the end.

Most of the regs I agree with but the FDA Testing and certification requirement is an expensive and time consuming process. Only much bigger juice companies and Big Tobbaco will be able to afford it.

But there are ways around this for Vapers who do not want to support BT that are not in the new regs...
    For instance OS orders have not been banned so any Vaper in the US can order their juice for OS which simply bypasses the US FDA regs and Big Tobacco!

There is no mention of the FDA banning personal Nic imports so our US "friends" will have to wait just like we do.

And in another way it's also very good news because the "18+ requirement to be able to legally Vape also by definition means that the American adults choice to Vape has been recognized in law.

FWIW... IMHO Just like they did with tobacco BT Will mess with Nic Juice. They will add some chemical that enhances the addictive properties of Nic and call it a "preservative"
    ~~~ These "criminals" will never see another cent from me. I'd rather Vape 0% Nic than give them anything.

EDIT: Nic imports comment.
    Last edited by sc_rufctr; 11-05-14 at 02:30 PM.
    TrueNews, maggie and oxey like this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikhme View Post
    It's a bird! It's a plane! no it's Oxey!

hummm and your point beening ???

The point is, its all about control and profits.

Quote Originally Posted by oxey View Post
    hummm and your point beening ???
    You can't threaten me, Oxey! You'd never kill us!

Are you beening real?
    Last edited by Aikhme; 11-05-14 at 02:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast