Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Regulation in Australia - are we doomed?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Regulation in Australia - are we doomed?

What do people think the real outcome will be in Australia? I'm not talking about what you want to have happen, I'm talking about what the most likely thing to happen is. Will they apply the same rules as regular smoking? Ban importation of nicotine e-juice? Ban vaping altogether? Surely that would be unenforceable. Will they conduct a bunch of trials, deem it safe and then pose extremely high standards on the industry and criminalise vendors if they don't sell government-endorsed products? I really hope the government stays out of this. Seems to me to be fair that they regulate tobacco, but we're not dealing with tobacco here, are we? To be honest it's making me nervous and I'm probably days away from buying 100 years' worth of gear to see me through til my dying days before they legislate to ban it. Would they tax it, impose GST on it? Thoughts? Discussion, anything? Help! I want to keep vaping.

AVF Regular
    heavy tax.....all ecig products would have to come from a pharmaceutical company.....no good flavors. definatly no china clones lol

Seems to me they are on the path to ban it completely. Citing ridiculous unsubstantiated reasoning. Just their use of a redundant law introduced for some lolly's that glorified smoking in children's eyes says it all. The propaganda is worthy of USA.

AVF Regular
    I think the government will stamp out all current aussie vendors, ban nic imports then once thats under control they will roll out their own approved vape gear and juice most likely through the tobacco companies so it the government has control and tax it... Just my thoughts.

Super Moderator
    I think it will be the path of least resistance that gives them the most $ return ... whether that be in taxes , or in cuts/streamlining to spending/enforcement ...either/or

It probably WONT be in the interest of public health nor the funding of tests ... they might try and force those costs onto distributors/manufacturers etc and of course that will trickle down to the end user .

At the moment the Govt has BILLIONS of dollars invested in the stop smoking charade ... so if vaping interferes with that , it interferes with their return of investment and credibility .... THIS to me is the crux matter IMO regarding Govt intervention .

If banning vaping means the "Quit" House of Cards doesn't come tumbling down , then they are in front in all ways ... Pharma and big T funding and kickbacks remain, The public control and marginilisation continues , and the Govt pats itself on the back for how "well" they are doing

Sorry my cynic bone is exposed tonight

( All the above just my personal thoughts )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

My guess is they will probably allow it, after they find some way to extract all the fun out of it.
    Crappy low voltage "safe" devices, low nic, shit juices available in 3 flavours, designated areas, and tax.
    Designed to make you feel and look like a sick person in need of a pharmaceutical product, instead of someone who's having fun and looks cool, because that would give the wrong message to the kids.

The Govt and Cancer Council will continue to reign supreme in the battle against tobacco, and get all the credit for terrorising people with their scary photos.
    Last edited by Spyro; 23-05-14 at 08:10 PM.
    DONT DRIP AND DRIVE!

AVF Regular
    Things will happen. Some good, some bad.

If you're worried, stockpile some nic and some spare gear.

It'll all work itself out in the end. Vaping has snowballed enough worldwide to make it hard to put the cat back in the bag.

We're just in the tumultuous transition phase of something new and revolutionary.

well, it's no longer a case of "what if" any more, "We just don't need e-cigarettes here,'' said Cancer Council Australia's director of advocacy, Paul Grogan, last week. ''There are already approved services for people who claim they need these types of things to quit tobacco.'' this was from a Sydney Morning Herald story ( Electronic cigarettes: the truth behind the smoke and mirrors ) if this is any indication on intent of these people that "know better than us"

AVF Regular
    My thoughts are it's now gone to far to ban but if they move nic into phama or tobacco control it will make it real hard to import and easier to tax.mods atties are easy enough to get through customs but the main thing they can control is nic so can see this being the main target.As for vapers the people that Vape in doctors and supermarkets without any Thaught!Pretty sure this will come to an end.Vapers and smokers IMO will be bundeled together.

If they ban Nicotine in Australia, then we can just bring it in via our luggage.

I mean seriously, what coule be the penalty for not declaring it? $300 lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast