• 2 Post By supervaper
  • 1 Post By akef38
  • 1 Post By Tigmann
  • 1 Post By sassy
  • 2 Post By BeeryGoodness

Thread: Top scientists warn WHO not to stub out e-cigarettes

AVF Regular

Top scientists warn WHO not to stub out e-cigarettes

"These products could be among the most significant health innovations of the 21st century perhaps saving hundreds of millions of lives. The urge to control and suppress them as tobacco products should be resisted,"

Top scientists warn WHO not to stub out e-cigarettes | Reuters
    JWH and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    well done supervaper, finally some serious results from scientists that KNOW what they are on about. WHO can't be bought!! (hopefully)
    JWH likes this.

The MX newspaper has an article in it today regarding this and some interesting comments from the Cancer Council. I tried to find a link to it, if someone on here can find it and post it up it for others to read. It is positive at least. My wife brings MX home from the train station everyday, has some good articles sometimes that the other print media don't cover.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Why is it that every article has this in it...

"But the devices are controversial. Because they are so new there is a lack of long-term scientific evidence to support their safety and some fear they could be "gateway" products to nicotine addiction and tobacco smoking."
    Best part of the article is where the scientists make media look like the f*ckwits they are by stating they are "unaware of any credible evidence that supports this conjecture".

so please media stop the "gateway into smoking, think of the children" bullshit you keep pedelling it's pissing us all off.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Why is it that every article has this in it...

"But the devices are controversial. Because they are so new there is a lack of long-term scientific evidence to support their safety and some fear they could be "gateway" products to nicotine addiction and tobacco smoking."
    Best part of the article is where the scientists make media look like the f*ckwits they are by stating they are "unaware of any credible evidence that supports this conjecture".

so please media stop the "gateway into smoking, think of the children" bullshit you keep pedelling it's pissing us all off.
    I don't know about you guys, but I've never read about, heard about or met a single person that vapes that ISN'T an ex smoker.
    Does anyone know a non smoker that just thought vaping looked like a fun thing and took it up ?
    I'm sure there must be some, but never encountered one.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

Yeah spokeswoman for the Tobacco Issues Committee said that all the ads for e cigs often used "glamorous Images and sexual connotations" never seen these ads before. Don't think I've seen any ads for vaping. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Seems they'll use any pathetic response to justify their stance. But what about the kiddies. Geez I'd be more worried about alcohol that looks and tastes like cordial.
    Browny likes this.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigmann View Post
    Yeah spokeswoman for the Tobacco Issues Committee said that all the ads for e cigs often used "glamorous Images and sexual connotations" never seen these ads before. Don't think I've seen any ads for vaping. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Seems they'll use any pathetic response to justify their stance. But what about the kiddies. Geez I'd be more worried about alcohol that looks and tastes like cordial.
    Funny you say that about alcohol as I seen on the new tonight some "Experts" were worried about woolworths,dan murphys selling a new Duff beer as seen on the simpsons and that it might make children want to start drinking 6 packs, for f*cks sake, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there something called being a responsible parent that stops this from happening?

AVF Regular
    Funny you say that about alcohol as I seen on the new tonight some "Experts" were worried about woolworths,dan murphys selling a new Duff beer as seen on the simpsons and that it might make children want to start drinking 6 packs, for f*cks sake, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there something called being a responsible parent that stops this from happening?
    I think it's Duffman's job.

Him or the government.

I'm just so glad the government legislates that my hot water can't legally be hotter than 50 degrees. Somebody thought of the children. Well, they thought about the children being burned by hot water by retarded f ucknut parents, not about the children getting food poisoning from lukewarm-washed cutting boards that is. Or the generation of incapable nannybots who will immediately die when they go overseas for the first time as young adults.

Yes, I'm glad the government looks after me. Saves me from everything. So nice here in the padded cell. No danger. No risk. No excitement. Let's all just die peacefully.
    remi1au likes this.

It's funny... there's a whole generation of us that have lived through the 60's (and earlier) 'til now and managed to survive, and most to thrive without being regulated to the point of asphyxiation. Some of the stuff I got up to growing up is so far out there now, but so normal back then. My kids are amazed that I lived in a time where you could take an esky full of beer to the footy, or drive a car without 6 airbags. Darwins theory was still applicable back then, unfortunately, that has been mostly reversed now
    Browny and remi1au like this.