Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Pleski
  • 4 Post By MrFume
  • 1 Post By Dymo316

Thread: World Health Organization's war on E-cigarettes may lead to fewer smokers

World Health Organization's war on E-cigarettes may lead to fewer smokers

World Health Organisation's War on e-Cigarettes May Lead to Fewer Smokers Quitting

I reported on the April 25th the World Health Organisationís (WHO) was aiming to classify electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) as tobacco products. This means that the same restrictions on advertising, taxation, access and public use will apply to them too, and may discourage tobacco smokers to quit.

AVF Regular
    I would like to see "may" replaced with "will".

AVF Regular
    is that not what w.a. did? i bet that will make the tax man happy. 68% tax on a food product glycerine, and glycol and natural food grade flavours. they allready talking about whacking on gst onto food. if they classify e-cigs as tobacco products nic juice will be legal o/nite and no one will give a shit where u get it from

AVF Regular
    Interesting article. Nobody can definitively put their finger on what so many governing bodies want to ban vaping, but the lobbying power of Big Pharma is a pretty good smoking gun. Everyone underestimates the drive of big business to protect their profits with no regard to public health, but to those executives it's probably a no brainer.

I think also a lot of government bureaucrats see any loophole in the process of a gradual worldwide tobacco ban, that loophole being perceived to be vaping, as tarnishing their ideological trophy. They think they've won the war on tobacco, and don't want to give an inch. They have that peculiar hubris of thinking that social change is really driven from the top down.
    TrueNews, MrFume and AstroBoy like this.

AVF Regular
    Clive Bates wrote an 'Open Letter' to the WHO in late 2012, or early 2013, that is well worth reading.
    His 'Bio' is also pretty fascinating - google search on "clive bates ash"

As a long time vaper, I started in 2009, I have seen the official position taken on electronic Cigarettes move from complete indifference to this current
    outright intolerance. This exactly tallies with the mind control program waged by public health authorities which has seen tobacco smokers become one of the most hated
    groups in society-smokers are now reporting feeling extreme guilt and shame, strangers feel entitled to lecture smokers in public, and the herd mentality has completely
    swallowed the propaganda. Smoking has been known to be harmful to health for a long, long time-it is only in the last 4 years or so that this intense hatred campaign
    has been waged. I think it is an experiment to see how easily public thinking can be 'adjusted' and directed-we have all known smoking causes cancer, emphysema and other
    conditions. E-Cigs came along just as they thought they had it licked, this device that looks like smoking, but is not-it creates cognitive dissonance and disrupts the mind control
    program ThIs is why they hate E-cigs it once again provides choice for adults...it will be pushed under ground, we will have to resort to being criminals for using Ecigs-I say Fu#k them!
    i for one am not going to be told what i can and cannot consume if it hurts no other person...I'm sick of this creeping fascism and so are a lot of others, these tin pot authoritarians.
    Cath Mort, kyogen, remi1au and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    There is a letter circulating on FB and Twitter addressed to the WHO signed off by 53 leading doctors and professors as to how e-cigs should be classified the list of signatories are very impressive including three very eminent Australians. Its a downloadable PDF file.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFume View Post
    As a long time vaper, I started in 2009, I have seen the official position taken on electronic Cigarettes move from complete indifference to this current
    outright intolerance. This exactly tallies with the mind control program waged by public health authorities which has seen tobacco smokers become one of the most hated
    groups in society-smokers are now reporting feeling extreme guilt and shame, strangers feel entitled to lecture smokers in public, and the herd mentality has completely
    swallowed the propaganda. Smoking has been known to be harmful to health for a long, long time-it is only in the last 4 years or so that this intense hatred campaign
    has been waged. I think it is an experiment to see how easily public thinking can be 'adjusted' and directed-we have all known smoking causes cancer, emphysema and other
    conditions. E-Cigs came along just as they thought they had it licked, this device that looks like smoking, but is not-it creates cognitive dissonance and disrupts the mind control
    program ThIs is why they hate E-cigs it once again provides choice for adults...it will be pushed under ground, we will have to resort to being criminals for using Ecigs-I say Fu#k them!
    i for one am not going to be told what i can and cannot consume if it hurts no other person...I'm sick of this creeping fascism and so are a lot of others, these tin pot authoritarians.
    WOW... Awesome post and I agree with most of it but I really don't think they can't "push it under ground" because of the real evidence that Vaping is actually fairly benign. Eventually the truth comes out and Vaping will be no different.

"They" will try to "push it under ground" with lies but as always the truth eventually floats to the top.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014