Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: E-cig discussion on Perth ABC 720 this morning.

AVF Regular

E-cig discussion on Perth ABC 720 this morning.

This was quite brief and fairly predictable so I won't bother going into the details.
    But the host of the programme repeatedly stated that e-cigs were banned in WA, and repeated this statement while interviewing some dude from the health department, which was not corrected.
    Have I got it wrong ? .. My understanding is that it's only the retail sale of e-cigs that is banned, not the possession or importation ?
    The health department guy even went on to say that e-cigs that contain nicotine are illegal Australia wide under the schedule 7 poison regulations and did not make a distinction between sale of or possession of.
    Either my understanding of the laws are wrong or this guy was just telling porkies.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

Importation is legal. With few exceptions, the statement about sales and possession is pretty much correct for nicotine which is a schedule 7 poison.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

AVF Regular
    So in theory, we can be busted for vaping in public or anywhere for that matter if our juice contains nic ?
    Cath Mort likes this.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

AVF Regular
    Yes. I reckon the powers that be have much more important things to do that try to get several government departments together to try and prosecute though

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I will have to be a bit more discreet with my public vaping then

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by remi1au View Post
    I will have to be a bit more discreet with my public vaping then
    Well Remi, just as well we have our snus for those times when we're out and about, if it ever comes down to that. I don't think they will be conducting 'open your mouth' inspections anytime soon.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath Mort View Post
    Well Remi, just as well we have our snus for those times when we're out and about, if it ever comes down to that. I don't think they will be conducting 'open your mouth' inspections anytime soon.
    Yes we have our snus Cath .. I and guess if anyone ever questioned me about my vaping I could just say it doesn't contain any nic.
    As long as I'm out of WA that is ...

And possibly, the less people talk about how many gallons they have parked in their freezers the better. Discretion is the better part of valor or loose lips sink ships or some such saying might apply I think.
    Cath Mort likes this.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Please get a grip people.

The retail of Nicotine in Australia including WA is Illegal, however using it and importing it is a grey area all over Australia. Ownership and importing of the hardware is NOT illegal, including Western Australia. There have been retail operations who have stopped operating here in WA, but only because of the ongoing court action regarding one operator, which may be appealed. No state in Australia has a ban regarding hardware. Australia customs have stated that importation of Nicotine is of no consequence to them.

This mat change over time depending on the possible appeal here in WA, but nothing we are doing will send you all to hell!!
    Quom, Cath Mort, mrsgruffy and 2 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Please get a grip people.

The retail of Nicotine in Australia including WA is Illegal, however using it and importing it is a grey area all over Australia. Ownership and importing of the hardware is NOT illegal, including Western Australia. There have been retail operations who have stopped operating here in WA, but only because of the ongoing court action regarding one operator, which may be appealed. No state in Australia has a ban regarding hardware. Australia customs have stated that importation of Nicotine is of no consequence to them.

This mat change over time depending on the possible appeal here in WA, but nothing we are doing will send you all to hell!!
    Yes that's what I thought .. But media is constantly saying vaping is banned in WA without making a distinction between with nic/without nic, or if that even matters. My reading of it was it's just the retail sale of hardware that is the problem.
    I think the media might be putting their own spin on it to make it news worthy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast