Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Olfella
  • 1 Post By vengaman
  • 1 Post By second_chance

Thread: Zealots put heat on e-smokers

Zealots put heat on e-smokers

Zealots put heat on e-smokers
    This is the heading of the opinion page in todays West Australian Newspaper. (Paul Murray is the writer and is also a radio presenter on 6PR882)
    I am at work so can not shrink it down to paste it all here,but a good read.
    Following is just a small part.
    While international scientists argue about the merits of vaping,the WA Health Department has sided with the zealots.
    In legally questionable advice issued last month,the department has told businesses they "may choose" to implement a policy prohibiting the use of e-cigarettes in places where smoking is prohibited.The department goes as far as to offer draft wording for what appears to be an unenforceable policy.
    (I am skipping a few paragraphs here)
    Nowhere in the departments 2 page document issued by the departments environmental health directorate was there any reference to a law that would make such a ban enforceable.
    ( it then mentions the departments successful supreme court prosecution ( Vince)
    Murray then says "But those powers control sales ,not personal use. Evidencing "confusion" about vaping in public places is lame indeed.Surely if it's not smoking,it's not illegal in a restricted smoking zone ?"
    Whatever the noble motives ,unless the department can come up with some legal backing for this directive it should be withdrawn before it involves an innocent business in a messy dispute. Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration has not assessed e-cigaretts but makes it clear that personal use_and in most places the importation of nicotine solutions in non commercial quantities _ is legal.

Lots more but at work
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    i just got in a cab from the airport in perth. the cabbie saw me sneaking a vape at the cab rank and said I can continue in his cab. we discussed it for sometime - he was genuinely interested. he then went off on the local government for the next 10 mins .

nice to visit, shame about the damn rules..
    Olfella likes this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Cabbies . . . . God bless 'em
    cirrus76 likes this.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.