Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: WA Vapeing

WA Vapeing

Hey guys,

i have been here for a very short while & I have been trying to find out some more information on the legality of vapeing,

Now I have purchased a G Pen Hookah Vaporizer, i'm not sure if the falls under e-Hookah, or a e-cigarette, and if the same law applies - it does use e-juice however

I had it delivered yesterday, with no customs fine so far

Can anyone please let me know the current law if there is one, because ever time i try and search Google or even YouTube its just media crap, and no actual answer

your help would be appreciated thank you

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Vaping has not been banned in WA, regardless of what you read in the media.

What has happened in WA is a vendor was prosecuted by the WA Health Dept for selling ecigs, under a law that prohibits people from selling things that look like cigarettes. The initial case was overturned, but the Health Dept appealed and won.

The latest decision was only handed down recently and has led people to come to the conclusion that ecigs are banned in WA.

No legislation was enacted in WA banning ecigs explicitly, just a judge decided that ecigs fall under a current law prohibiting people from selling stuff that resemble smokes.

You can still buy them from elsewhere and can still use them here

The media would like you to think otherwise.

It's a shame even the ecig advocates can't get it right.

One thing that really shat me recently was listening to Smoke Free Radio the other night where Ashleigh Vapes (apparently an Australian ecig reviewer nobody has ever heard of) was interviewed by Dimitris, a rather influential ecig advocate, and she stated that WA had banned ecigs, which is total crap. She should stick to reviewing shitsticks

So now even more misinformation has been broadcast to the rest of the world. Onya Ashleigh
    Last edited by CMB; 18-06-14 at 02:31 AM.
    JWH, TimmyC, kritikal and 5 others like this.

I've seen them post here, trying to promote their blog.
    Another clueless idiot.
    New blog - www.ashleighvapesaus.tumblr.com

E: It's unfortunate that a lot of new vapers only care about self promotion these days, whether it's a shop or reviews etc.
    Last edited by coopz; 18-06-14 at 03:51 AM.
    JWH, TimmyC, CMB and 2 others like this.

So much mis-information in one hit..... #wrong
    JWH and Whizgig like this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Thank you CMB, you really cleared the air,

my e-Hookah looks nothing like a cigarette so that is a burden off my chest,

One of my mates said its an $80,000 dollar fine, so I suppose I'll have to check the source on that one,

Once again, thank you!

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCeller View Post
    Thank you CMB, you really cleared the air,

my e-Hookah looks nothing like a cigarette so that is a burden off my chest,

One of my mates said its an $80,000 dollar fine, so I suppose I'll have to check the source on that one,

Once again, thank you!
    The whole import/possession of nic thing is still a bit wishy washy, not just for WA but for the whole of Australia. I don't really know what to believe there, but there are plenty of threads on here with different interpretations of the law for you to wade through and become more confused.
    Gresh11 likes this.

Wow...I just noticed this thread and I feel quite attacked.
    I would have loved for someone to maybe contact me to help rectify this issue rather then 'taking a stab' on the public forum.

As far as I know, I only ever stated that the sale of ecigs was banned in WA - not the use of ecigs.
    I have developed a good relationship with Dimitris so I will kindly ask that he make this clear on his next broadcast as well as on social media. He is in Greece at the moment.
    Dimitris found my YouTube channel and contacted me personally asking if I would talk on his show.
    I apologise as it looks as though what I said has been taken the wrong way and/or misinterpreted.

I assume it was one of you who contacted me as an anonymous on my blog.
    I have responded to your 'question' here:
    // why are you spreading bullshit about ecigs being illegal in WA?? They are not illegal to use in WA only for vendors to sell! Get your facts straight before doing interviews!

Sorry to cause such anger amongst our community...
    It was most definitely not my intention and I'm sorry to have offended people.
    I have also since made a comment on the soundcloud replay so that there is no further confusion for future listeners, just incase they also misinterprete my wording.
    Again, I do apologise and hope I can rectify this issue to the best of my ability.
    inertiacreeping likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    If I wanted to attack you I would have done a better job than that.

And no I didn't leave a message on your blog.

I heard you mention sales being prohibited then refer to "the ban in WA" later on and I definitely got the impression people listening and even Dimitris himself thought ecigs were banned in WA.

Anyhow good on you for contacting Dimitris to clear it up.
    TimmyC and AshleighVapes like this.

As I said in the response on my blog, I was extremely nervous during this interview!
    So, I'm sorry if I did in fact make that error later on.
    I will clear it up with him and get a 'statement' or something posted to make sure everyone gets the right info!
    Cheers for the 'civil' reply, I appreciate it

Wasn't me either, being some guy called 'coopz' on AVF is anonymous enough as it is, I don't need to leave anonymous messages or neg reputation points for example on top.

But a self proclaimed ex social smoker in it for free gear to review that speaks out on policy does really rub me the wrong way for the record.
    There's people here that have been full time smokers for decades just trying to get by on their own coin, to quit full time smoking, and they don't want reviews or interviews or spokespeople that have NFI.
    Last edited by coopz; 18-06-14 at 08:10 PM.
    Haza likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast