Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the vaporizer

Thread: New European report: "E-cig users are young, heavy smokers trying to quit"

AVF Regular

New European report: "E-cig users are young, heavy smokers trying to quit"

Saw this in New Scientist - E-cig users are young, heavy smokers trying to quit.

The largest study of electronic cigarette use in Europe may help alleviate fears that the devices are a gateway to smoking real cigarettes.

One of the big concerns around the use of e-cigarettes, or "vaping", is that they tempt people who don't already smoke, getting them hooked on nicotine. Although they are generally considered safer than smoking, the jury is still out on the long-term health effects of vaping. Some people also worry that e-cigarettes could renormalise smoking, and be a gateway to smoking real cigarettes especially in young people. ...

AVF Regular
    Why the hell would you start smoking after vapeing?? Vapeing is so much better
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nothing new in the article but if you think about it... It's actually harder to Vape than smoke.

Could that affect the demographic who take it on?

I'm 49 so I'm not young but it would be much "easier" for me to smoke. But why would I give up Vaping for something that's more expensive and not as enjoyable? Not to mention the health benefits.

I truly believe Vaping will not destroy big tobacco. It will hurt them but if history has taught us anything it's that somehow big tobacco can always find new customers. And of course not all of these new customers will switch to Vaping.

So could someone start Vaping and switch to smoking? Yes it's possible but that would have to be a very small percentage because 99% of Vapers were smokers. Once off the stinkies it's very hard to go back when Vaping has so many benefits.
    Duel usage will be far more common but that's better than just smoking.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014