Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: we the people (of AVF) need a voice

AVF Regular

we the people (of AVF) need a voice

As the title suggests, unless we already do have someone?
    what do you think?
    Do you as a member of this community think that we need someone that'll represent the AVF?
    We are a large body of people, who generally complain about everything and argue like children at times, but as a whole this community is helpful, patient, caring, and most of all welcoming to anyone.. so long as they follow the rules (obviously)
    This is just a discussion/show of interest, but maybe the idea of having a voice is a necessary step towards securing our place and being heard..
    Please don't troll me with your crazy ideas on how you think the world is flat.. if that makes sense
    JWH, oxey and Whizgig like this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

A voice to represent AVF why and where.

What we need is a stronger vaping community. We seem disjointed.

The thing is, in the States, the community is more united and there is more of a community feel (although I hate their forums). They seem better organized and more effective as ambassadors to vaping. I don't know why. Maybe because they are bigger or a larger community.

We b&@ch and whine too much. That's my take on things anyway.

All we seem to do is have a couple of vape meets.
    Minnaz likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is how i see it, We need good, charismatic people in a position where they fit our beliefs and can get media attention. AVF doesnt need a voice, and if it did we could never reach an agreement together anyway :P
    oxey, lulu68, Michelle and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    AVF doesn't, Australian vapers do. Vaping attracts so many different kinds of people that the demographic is just too wide to form a cohesive group out of a board like AVF.

Our own version of CASAA is what Australian vapers need.

We've had that discussion before, moves were made to create a Vapers Australia Association, as far as I am aware that's still in the works.

AVF doesn't need a public face or voice, I don't think all of us agree on anything except that vaping is awesome. Too many differing opinions, feelings, feelpinions, views on reality, methods of legitimizing vaping in the mainstream, views on politics, media and what have you.
    CMB, 308hjute, oxey and 5 others like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    AVF doesn't, Australian vapers do. Vaping attracts so many different kinds of people that the demographic is just too wide to form a cohesive group out of a board like AVF.

We've had that discussion before, moves were made to create a Vapers Australia Association, as far as I am aware that's still in the works.

AVF doesn't need a public face or voice, I don't think all of us agree on anything except that vaping is awesome. Too many differing opinions, feelings, feelpinions, views on reality, methods of legitimizing vaping in the mainstream, views on politics, media and what have you.
    I know I signed up for this so where are we at with it as we need to get our buts into gear before things are changed without us even getting sorted out and no one even knows we exist, we should already be up and running and having our say in parliament as the ACC dose etc and so we can also help and support the us and WA as well. We should not be hiding in the shadows like we are doing right now we need to stand up and be counted as a force to be reckoned with not sitting back and letting the ACC just walk all over us. We need to get out there and make them see reason and educate the Parliament, Doctors, Nurses, and the standard public that this is the way to go and it is not harmful to you or the public unlike the lies from the ACC stating to their people etc including Governments that this KILLS people, if that was the case we would all be dead and there would be documented evidence of this all over the internet which there is not no one ever has died from vaping but this is what is being said by the ACC and we need to get out there and prove them wrong there is no use us arguing about this amongst ourselves either we do something or we don't and if we don't then we might as well lay down our vaporizers and either go cold turkey use the recommended methods stated by the ACC or go back to smoking.

My choice is to fight with everything I have left, just this week I have converted another 7 people to vaping and we owe it to those who are left to fight for their right to live and for ours as well.

And I do not want to hear anyone carrying on about POKING THE BEAR we are the bear being poked by the governments, doctors, ACC etc. Now it is time for us the BIG BEAR to turn on the pokiest s and devour them with a strong united force so put away you petty peeves and stand as one or go away and hide in the shadows the choice is yours but we need everyone to shut up stay in the ranks and fight like an army as we are running out of time.
    Last edited by Whizgig; 25-06-14 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Adding to post
    TobaccoIsDead likes this.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

AVF Regular
    I'm not saying vaping doesn't need a positive and influential public figure, I'm just saying that AVF doesn't.
    There are hundreds of vapers around the country who have no idea what AVF is, all they know is that vaping has ended their tobacco reliance. The interests and ideals of different groups and individuals on AVF alone are so conflicted there isn't a single person able to give voice to all of them, not to mention what you, I, or anyone else here thinks is important, might not be relevant to the vapers outside of AVF, or conflict what others think or want.

Again, I am not trying to discourage you or anyone else who wishes to contribute and make a change. I am just saying that AVF is a community forum, not an entity that requires a vocal presence.

Personally, I am quite pro vaping education and legitimization. It remains that not any single member here, nor group of members, can or should speak for the hundreds of users of this board and thousands of vapers around the country.
    CMB, Whizgig and Daemolitia like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Sorry Rynxa I wasn't complaining about what you said and about AVF not having a voice I forgot to omit everything bar this:

And I agree with you about AVF
    Last edited by Whizgig; 25-06-14 at 06:38 AM.
    Rynxa likes this.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    we the people (of AVF) need a voice
    Nakor likes this.

AVF Regular
    for AVF to have a voice it needs to be 1 voice, i agree with Aikhme how are we meant to have a Voice a REAL Voice when all anyone ever does is b***h and whine, Oh and argue. The most popular 3 or 4 threads this week have been people bitching arguing and flaming eachother over this whole clone OG bull. the way i see it while there is shit like that happening I think it would not be in our best intrest to be reconized our socalled 'VOICE' would be a laughing stock if someone of "importance" came to the forum and seen our community acting like that...

This is just my honest opinion take it with a pinch of salt, but thats what i feel on the matter
    Aikhme, jlmanos, lulu68 and 1 others like this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    Words on a forum mean squat and a forum speaking out means even less. An association needs face time and a lot of work - which I believe is happening anyway.

Have look through past threads I think you'll find a recent thread outlining the progress.

Here is one update, Australian Vapers Association - all you need to know, and lots more I believe there is another specific thread that is also recent with news.

DRTW
    CMB, mrs308hjute, urecia and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast