Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flea
  • 1 Post By luntingsir

Thread: QLD and interstate flights

QLD and interstate flights

Hi all vaping buddies, haven't been here for a while and missed allot of the political and media discussion. I have been encouraging a workmate who is concerned about her husbands smoking habbits to start on the e-cigs and commented that I'd give them an ego and some juice, Of course, one of my non smoking workers states "they're illegal here" (QLD) so of course I say what rot. As it turns out she was listening to the 4bc rant which in turn lead me back here. Is it safe to say it was a complete load? I've taken her aside and gave her a big thanks for stopping a heavy smoker from making a choice, well done.

Moving right along, after listening to this, has anyone had any problems with e-cigs taking interstate flights from Brisbane? Was planning on taking an itaste vv and Evod vv. I'd really appreciate assistance because frankly, if there is a problem then I wont be going to a fully paid for flight, accommo and dinner

AVF Regular
    I am on a flight interstate every single week - all states (except NT).

I never have any issues as long as its all broken down, packed correctly. I always keep 1 fully built ego/evod combo in a pen holder pocket in my workbag.

I usually only have hand luggage, I ziplock liquids and clearos etc.

even in nanny state WA I never get a second look.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Thanks vengaman, I really do appreciate your response to my question. I think I need to keep in the loop a bit more and have the current information. So it's safe to say i'm still doing nothing illegal and that interview was bogus. It's a pity, It just seems as though we are some kind of secret society and the moment any nonsense news appears we cop bs feedback from people who shouldn't be involved.

Again, thanks mate

AVF Regular
    I've been flying from and to Brisbane or Coolangatta for more than four years. Never had a problem. Just don't flaunt it.
    I carry on 2 X fully loaded and charged eGo-Ts, place them out in the open in the X-ray trays = no worries.
    My spares are packed in my shaving bag inside the suitcase, in individual zip lock bags.

During the flight I stealth vape in a window seat when the time is right.
    Go for it.
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    Obligatory link: Civil Aviation Safety Authority - eCigarettes and electronic cigarettes
    Print it out if you're feeling paranoid.

I travel with two mech mods. Batteries in cases, and juice in zip lock bags. Security sometimes just ask to confirm they're ecigs, most of the time straight through.
    Vaporific likes this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    I, too, fly almost every week, domestic or international. Always have three loaded evods and juice bottles in my carry-on. No issues, never been challenged.

If challenged, the central point is that airline regulations require you to have the devices in carry-on, as per the CASA document linked by luntingsir above.

Most helpful forums Period! I've actually booked my trip, I do think I'm getting paranoid tbh. Thankyou

AVF Regular
    Enjoy the trip bro.
    Sent by vape-o-phone.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough