Swiss study reveals e-cigarettes provide the same amount of nicotine as smoking

http://www.thelocal.ch/national/20111102_1641.html

I read this article and thought "No s***, Sherlock" and immediately had to wonder how much they spent on this so-called "study" that ANY member of the vaping community could have told them straight up. haaaaa

The nice thing about it though was the closing point that e-cigarette users are not exposed to the 4000 some harmful chemicals produced by smoking.

It is a bit of a "no shit Sherlock" moment, but it is still useful as it means we have a real scientific study to refer to rather than just referring to anecdotal evidence.

One of the other posters put it best - vaping isn't smoking. You can't go outside and use a patch for 5 minutes every hour and expect it to work!

since EVERY 'clinical' test I have to date has pretty much said the opposite (as the article rightly states), that no nic gets in, then I think its a step forward at least.
    good one.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Hi,

Yes this is very good to see, nice report. Thanks for posting it!

Now I finally have something to provide to naysayers.

Least they didnt miss out the
    that smokers who use them “are not exposed to some 4,000 toxic substances present in tobacco cigarettes.”
    Unlike our Health Depts and Media

The earlier studies done on nicotine content was using disposable units with inexperienced users. The results were no surprise.

This study was using experienced vapers who were allowed to use their own gear.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that noob + disposable =/= veteran + Provari