Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By lozza 82
  • 3 Post By Robray
  • 1 Post By essiemessy
  • 2 Post By sc_rufctr
  • 1 Post By Waratah67

Thread: E-Cigarette Information Sheet (AASCP March 2014)

E-Cigarette Information Sheet (AASCP March 2014)

The Australian Association of Smoking Cessation Professionals (AASCP) has prepared the following statement on electronic cigarettes to help individual smokers and health professionals make informed, evidence-based decisions about the use of these products.
    http://aascp.org.au/index.php/downlo.../view/571/176/

Part of the statement:
    Advice to smokers
    Conventional forms of nicotine replacement therapy (nicotine patch, lozenge, gum, mouth spray and inhalator) and the prescription drugs varenicline and bupropion have been evaluated by Australian authorities for quality, safety and performance and are the recommended first line medications for smokers wishing to quit. (33, 34) However, for those who have failed to quit with current approved therapies, e-cigarettes may offer an alternative.
    E-cigarettes may also reduce harm from smoking by helping those who are not ready to quit to cut down their cigarette intake, although the health benefits of this are not proven. (35) Some smokers who cut down while using e-cigarettes will go on to quit completely as a result. Complete tobacco cessation is always the preferred goal for smokers.
    However, there are still many unanswered questions about the effectiveness and safety of e-cigarettes and their overall impact on public health and the use of e-cigarettes remains controversial. The final decision to use e-cigarettes belongs to the individual smoker, who should weigh up the risk and benefits and make a decision for their circumstances.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    The final decision to use e-cigarettes belongs to the individual smoker, who should weigh up the risk and benefits and make a decision for their circumstances.
    Are you watching this Cancer Counsel WA??
    lozza 82, lulu68 and sc_rufctr like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

LNB
    AVF Regular
    A good read but I can't help feeling it will fall on deaf ears, f*cking cancer council are a bunch of fascist pricks!

AVF Regular
    I've copy/pasted the link and your excerpt to my FB, Lozza. Ya never know Thanks.
    lozza 82 likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    "The final decision to use e-cigarettes belongs to the individual smoker, who should weigh up the risk and benefits and make a decision for their circumstances."

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Are you watching this Cancer Counsel WA??
    I couldn't agree with you more. It should be our decision not some Gumbit idiot working in a cloth covered box making the decisions for us.
    lozza 82 and susie canasta like this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Good link. Its great to have a properly referenced article to pass on to people.
    lozza 82 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    A good read but I can't help feeling it will fall on deaf ears, f*cking cancer council are a bunch of fascist pricks!
    1 in 3 Aussies will be diagnosed with Cancer. Not Quite Fascist.... more extremely misguided. I believe in the CC's, they do a lot of good..... just not their head in the sand approach to PV's.

Never heard of AASCP, but the CC has a better chance of listening to a group of professionals than us.

All in all, its just a-nother brick in the wall

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF