Like Tree29Likes
  • 22 Post By FlavourArtUK
  • 2 Post By supercellkid
  • 3 Post By 240Zeeeee
  • 2 Post By JenJ

Thread: Expert report recommends reclassification of nicotine solutions under CLP (Regulation

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Expert report recommends reclassification of nicotine solutions under CLP (Regulation

Apologies if this has been posted, I couldn't find it on here. This is a major
    breakthrough for European vapers and one that could have a global effect
    as the GHS (Global Harmonisation System) would have to accept reclassification.

I have been sat up waiting for this release which was only available at 1am in the UK.
    This could change our world!! Nicotine toxicity should now be revised.

How Toxic Is E-Liquid? | ECITA Blog

http://www.ecita.org.uk/docs/ECITA_Press_Release.pdf

http://ecita.org.uk/docs/EU_Classifi...l_toxicity.pdf

Onwards and upwards!
    John
    Noe, JWH, Robray and 19 others like this.

AVF Regular
    thanks John - appreciate the links
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

JWH
    AVF Regular
    +1 for link

AVF Regular
    This is significant, thank you.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I am so sorry, its all my fault

Im sorry to tell you all but nicotine juice will be completely outlawed soon and its all my fault You see any time I enjoy something and the Aussie gov finds out about it, they say to one another "a ha, Jayson is enjoying himself, we cant have that" and promptly tke steps to outlaw what ever it is I am enjoying. So since I have recently quit cigarettes and replaced them with vaping liquid nicotine, and whats more i am enjoying it, im sad to say they will want to take it away from me. So im really sorry everyone, i hoped they wouldn't notice, but I think they have, I saw a satellite following me last night, so it wont be long and it will be completely banned

Thats a Joke BTW, please no body have a cow.
    davee and Michelle like this.

AVF Regular
    This is fantastic news John, thanks so much for posting it!

We still have a long way to go here as selling nicotine is illegal. But this new information is invaluable for counteracting the general anti-vaping propaganda that we hear every day. Very exciting! And good luck over there.

This is the type of study that needs to be included in a public submission to the national scheduling committee to seek a lower classification for Nicotine.

The current scheduling of Nic is historic and until an approach is made for reconsideration the same 'it's lethal' line will be used. BP cessation products evolved from initial prescription only (Schedule 4) down through S3 S2 and now unscheduled.
    JenJ, maggie and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 240Zeeeee View Post
    This is the type of study that needs to be included in a public submission to the national scheduling committee to seek a lower classification for Nicotine.

The current scheduling of Nic is historic and until an approach is made for reconsideration the same 'it's lethal' line will be used. BP cessation products evolved from initial prescription only (Schedule 4) down through S3 S2 and now unscheduled.
    I agree. But when it comes to electronic cigarettes it's a political minefield unless you are BP. Certainly something to start pressing though. We've all suspected that nicotine isn't as lethal as they like to pretend, now there is some evidence in the public domain, rather than locked away in a secret cabinet belonging to the Pharmaceutical industry.
    maggie and Vaporific like this.