Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Chapman hails self hero for finding "cancer vaccine"

AVF Regular

Chapman hails self hero for finding "cancer vaccine"

Plunge in smoking attributed to plain packaging

I refer my earlier comment regarding hubris being the motivation for Ecig-denialist behaviour from same.

The Conversation - Is big tobacco abandoning smokes for e-cigarettes?
    marty likes this.

AVF Regular
    You have to pity them for having to resort to complete lies and fabrication in order to justify their existence. It's embarrassing to see them resort to bigging themselves up and publicly boasting about successes that don't exist.

There's only one problem. She's lying. Almost incredibly, the date ASH describes as being "before the measure was introduced" was not November 2012 (the month before plain packaging came in). It is not 2012 at all. It is not even 2011. The date they are referring to is 2010, more than two years before plain packaging was introduced.
    Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Dogs bark, cows moo, ASH lies
    Last edited by JenJ; 17-07-14 at 08:52 PM.
    marty likes this.

Data 'confirms plain packs don't work' | Voxy.co.nz

Imperial Tobacco Australia has welcomed the release of the Australian Government data confirming that plain packaging of tobacco products has had no impact on long term smoking trends.

Imperial's Head of Corporate Affairs, Andrew Gregson, says the release of the data by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare reinforces the fact that plain packaging hasn't worked.

"Plain packaging has simply not impacted long term smoking rates. There has been no acceleration in decline brought about by the policy and these figures show it quite clearly.

"Simply put, the very same result it terms of smoking rates would have been achieved by doing nothing.

"What plain packaging has achieved is to remove the opportunity for legal product manufacturers to differentiate their products, it has opened Australia up to challenge at the World Trade Organisation and further eroded the freedoms of Australian consumers."

As a dual user - I'm still buying ciggies, but a lot less than when I was smoking full time and I can 100% state that I don't give a flying... (insert) what my smokes come wrapped in. I very much doubt that plain packaging has had much effect.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    As a dual user - I'm still buying ciggies, but a lot less than when I was smoking full time and I can 100% state that I don't give a flying... (insert) what my smokes come wrapped in. I very much doubt that plain packaging has had much effect.
    Chappy reckons you're the worst type! I reckon the majority here would rather gargle broken glass than have another smoke.
    JWH and Michelle like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Yeah, I'm certainly not in the majority. But I've more than halved the amount of analogues smoked so making progress...

There's gotta be something else, other than nicotine, in the analogues that I'm having a hard time shaking, or it could be the speed of the nicotine hit I'm still craving...
    JWH, Cath Mort, AstroBoy and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    something else in the smokes? probably... there is a thread about that recently....

I found I was telling myself I'm getting the nic in the ecig, and everytime I wanted a smoke, I had a puff instead. Stopped smoking the day I got my ego kit. tempted plenty, but in the end, I now don't like that ashtray taste - much prefer my banana or fresh lime. The nic addiction, well, I started at 24mg, down to around 15mg, less on a dripper.
    Michelle likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Oh, forgot to say...Chappy can kiss my (insert)! LOL
    Aliyah and weissesfleisch like this.

AVF Regular
    man I love that chapman - he's an all together bloody superhero, what would we do without him.

EOI - I heart chapman tee-shirts - one size fits all. picture of a chocolate starfish.
    Olfella, Altered1 and Michelle like this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    picture of a chocolate starfish.
    Is the starfish dribbling?
    Olfella and vengaman like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast