Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Canberra Times Article 20 November 2011

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...s/2363710.aspx

thank you for posting the link. I wish the naysayers would just go and research large forums like ECF and read the success stories there fgs!! So many people have totally quit their cancer stick habit and are weaning off the nicotine. I have been smoke free for over a month after switching to an EGO and 18mg of nic which I plan to wean down too.

AVF Regular
    It's always reassuring to know that, should I sustain a catastrophic brain injury, there's always the possibility of a career in journalism.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Mad
    Interesting article. When looking at I noticed that there is another referred to on the same page:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...n/2363753.aspx

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the Links Cupcake and Mad.
    Same old same old, The second article actually showed a glimmer of doubt about the official rhetoric being trotted out-
    As for the wails about "lack of published results of testing"? theres heaps-what are they talking about?
    Suspect they mean no one has come up with anything published proving its harmful!
    So increaasinngly their arguments are getting thinner- and thinner...
    Now its just about how it looks, or how they think it looks, or how some people might think it looks.
    QUIT OUR WAY-OR DIE! is what they are saying, use the NRTs that dont work so you will keep smoking!

Sad but true right now Gert.

''Because e-cigarettes mimics smoking in both design and use, the ACT Health Directorate does not support [their use],'' a spokeswoman said. ''The Health Directorate strongly advocates the de-normalisation of smoking and e-cigarettes are counterproductive to this goal.''

That's as good as they can get. There is no known harm, there is proof that they work even when somebody had no intention of quitting (the Italian study), so this all they are left with.

Pathetic.

AVF Regular
    Yet they support the nicotine inhaler because the hand to mouth action mimics smoking helping to .....grrrr

http://www.quit.org.au/questions/fre...r-help-me.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Yet they support the nicotine inhaler because the hand to mouth action mimics smoking helping to .....grrrr
    So it's just about the fog then? Oops, of course not, the manufacturer of one of these products drops millions into the government coffers every year...the other does not.

AVF Regular
    We the taxpayers pay their outrageous salaries but Big Pharma is their true master and they call the tume they dance to.
    It must be embarrassing to have this so transparently obvious to the publc by now surely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast