Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By marty
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 1 Post By marty
  • 1 Post By arth_d

Thread: Survey Shows Adults Who Use E-Cigs To Quit Smoking Prefer Juvenile Flavors

Survey Shows Adults Who Use E-Cigs To Quit Smoking Prefer Juvenile Flavors

Forbes: Survey Shows Adults Who Use E-Cigarettes To Quit Smoking Prefer Supposedly Juvenile Flavors

I love that ECF is now big enough that forum polls can be taken as valid evidence.

Link to ECF results page: http://vaping.com/data/big-survey-20...ndings-eliquid
    Last edited by marty; 18-07-14 at 06:59 AM.
    Pipesub, MissLee and remi1au like this.

AVF Regular
    What the hell is a juvenile flavour ? And who decided what is juvenile ? I'm nearly 40, and still drink lime cordial, does that make me a juvenile ? Oh... a 77 yo rich lister. Get stuffed !
    marty likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    What the hell is a juvenile flavour ? And who decided what is juvenile ? I'm nearly 40, and still drink lime cordial, does that make me a juvenile ? Oh... a 77 yo rich lister. Get stuffed !
    Yeah, the reality is kids like most things adults like.
    Under the logic that they are juvenile flavours, most food and drink available for consumption is juvenile
    good poll, poor heading

What the hell is a juvenile flavour ?
    In my vaping dictionary, it's a flavour undergoing steeping.

In any case, I find it ridiculous that the poll had to be conducted. Is this stuff for kids only?

JenJ likes this.

I have a magnet on my fridge, "If you haven't grown up by age 40, You don't have to'.

A juvenile is just a grownup in training, so of course they are going to share a liking for the same flavours that adults like, and vice a versa.

What I want to see written on my tombstone is "This is the future home of Ron........".

AVF Regular
    Juvenile flavours. Because we all know that when you hit 20 all your taste buds fall off, and everything tastes like beige. That's why there's no adults into "food" or "drink" as a hobby, and there's no such thing as adulthood obesity.

*roll eyes*
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Green cordial rocks. But cotees turned to shit when they went to the smaller bottles now its golden circle all the way.
    Altered1 likes this.

I work in market research. Generally polling is objective and the questions are manipulating. To do a comprehensive poll they would need to make it longitudinal.
    I quit smoking/ started vape on a tobacco flavour for two months. Fact is I chose tobacco for a safety net on a gamble into vaping with no experience. My third month was trying as many flavours as possible. Because of the vast range of flavors available. And my reunion with my sense of taste! Since then I have been on a rotation of sodas, dessert & fruits. My preference changes on average every fortnight. And the only consistency has been that my tastes are becoming more refined. I'm having to mix my liquids weaker.

Polls really struggle with that kind of data. It's a very involved individual experience. A question set with multiple choice answers designed to collect data that correctly represents my experience and opinions?