Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ssstahly
  • 1 Post By Aikhme
  • 3 Post By Aikhme

Thread: Traveling to Japan in September, will Sony VTC5 (unprotected batteries) be a problem?

Traveling to Japan in September, will Sony VTC5 (unprotected batteries) be a problem?

Hey Guys, been vaping for 3months, Just ordered my first Mech mod! planing on taking it with me on vacation to Japan but just read a post below about protected and unprotected batteries and customs.. I haven't bought the batteries as yet (have been loaned a pair) but am steering towards some sony VTC5's as I would like to tinker with .5ohm coils....

Whats the consensus with traveling with these? Should I get myself a couple of protected Panasonic NCR18650B just to be safe and not sub-ohm while in Japan?

Cheers
    Brandon.

PS: anyone know the limit of e-juice liquid I can take with me OS also? I think its 100mls in bottles no bigger than 50ml..

pps: sorry just realised I have probably put this in the wrong Area of the forum sorry! Mods please feel free to move this to the appropriate place! I just looked to see if I could move or delete and re-post but it doesn't look like I can amend my booboo..
    Last edited by Skippa; 18-07-14 at 12:30 PM.

AVF Regular
    I had no problem taking 10 non protected batteries OS a month ago. Also took about 300ml of juice. All in checked luggage except 1 mod and battery with carry on luggage.
    Skippa likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Don't carry ANY batteries in Checked in Baggage. It is an IATA classified Dangerous Good which can be explosive. It also carries a minimum 7 year jail term and $50,000 fine.

Carry batteries in protected cases either on yourself or on Carry On bags only.

IATA - Dangerous Goods
    Skippa likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well there you go.
    Maybe next time I'll take them on carry on :coat:
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    Well there you go.
    Maybe next time I'll take them on carry on :coat:
    Hi sstaly,

Dangerous Goods Regulations can be very brutal to the unsuspecting because things like batteries, aerosol cans and other flammables amongst an array of other very dangerous and volatile substances and materials, have caused Air Crashes in the past.

Better to have them on carry on. There is no issue with carrying on batteries for cameras, laptops, and things like ecigs.

Whatever you do, don't check them in for your own sake.
    D1git, ssstahly and Skippa like this.