Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What are your thoughts on this Quit Victoria article?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question What are your thoughts on this Quit Victoria article?

5 things you should know about e-cigarettes - Quit Victoria

It makes my blood boil that an organisation dedicated to quitting can be so fucking pious.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    What are my thoughts on the Quit Victoria article?

That's it's a f*cking load of bullshit just like all the other ones....
    Buffaloo and Browny like this.

This prescription from a doctor for ecigs is coming up a bit now?

What is the primary source for this? Does anyone know whether there Is regulation that says this somewhere that is being misunderstood by these guys?

I'm not nervous at all given several of my orders have been opened and customs puts a slip in there but not confiscated. I consider that endorsement. If these deliveries contained a 50w laser pointer, cocaine or even a banana, things would have gone down differently.

I'm just wondering where this doctor prescription caper comes from?
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Everyone should post their quit story in the 'real life stories' section as a protest.
    JWH, fifthflo and sc_rufctr like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tom32 View Post
    This prescription from a doctor for ecigs is coming up a bit now?

What is the primary source for this? Does anyone know whether there Is regulation that says this somewhere that is being misunderstood by these guys?

I'm not nervous at all given several of my orders have been opened and customs puts a slip in there but not confiscated. I consider that endorsement. If these deliveries contained a 50w laser pointer, cocaine or even a banana, things would have gone down differently.

I'm just wondering where this doctor prescription caper comes from?
    This is worth a read.

IMO... It's a bit wishy washy but according to this it is legal to import your own nicotine.

Liquid nicotine and personal importation for use in electronic cigarettes
    tom32 likes this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Everyone should post their quit story in the 'real life stories' section as a protest.
    That will show 'em
    JWH, marty, BrianS and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    It seems like a lot of smokers know about Vaping now and that's a good thing because the more people know about it the better.

The thing is though we are up against some real heavy weights in the Anti Tobacco world.
    These people want BT gone and from their point of view Nicotine is directly associated with BT.

BT wants "in" to the Australia market with their cigalikes... Whatever happens it's going to be interesting.

Meanwhile think about your Vape stash
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    This is worth a read.

IMO... It's a bit wishy washy but according to this it is legal to import your own nicotine.

Liquid nicotine and personal importation for use in electronic cigarettes
    Yeh, thanks for that.

Where it says prescription medicines imported for use need to have a doctors prescription is kind of obvious. 2 things about that though. 1. I imagine Most medicines imported for use are not prescription. As I understand it the personal importation is in place to allow medicines in that are not endorsed by the tga but people want to try and who is the tga to stand in the way of people. 2. What point is there in importing medicines if you can get a prescription from your local doctor? Or are there medicines like nicotine that you cannot sell in Australia but can import?
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    My story (submitted to the "success stories" lol)
    "As a smoker of 40 years it has been a long journey to get to the stage of not needing cigarettes any longer. Although when I started I was only 7 and on a pack a week I moved to a pack a day by the time I was 15. After finding e-cigarettes/personal vaporizers I have been able to successfully get off the cigarettes and have no intention of going back. I think the short-sighted approach to deny alternatives to smokers is causing a lot of people to miss out on a genuine way to quit cigarettes."
    Wonder if it will make the cut bwahahaha
    JenJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    It seems like a lot of smokers know about Vaping now and that's a good thing because the more people know about it the better.

The thing is though we are up against some real heavy weights in the Anti Tobacco world.
    These people want BT gone and from their point of view Nicotine is directly associated with BT.

BT wants "in" to the Australia market with their cigalikes... Whatever happens it's going to be interesting.

Meanwhile think about your Vape stash
    I don't really have a vape stash, just a few bottles of premixed and 500ml of nic at 100mg/ml. I'm not really an extremist when it comes to vaping, I still smoke occasionally when it's more convenient than vaping...although I don't enjoy it as much. So I'm not really worried about the vapeggedon thing.

But I don't like seeing bullshit propaganda being force fed to people. And if there's an opportunity to speak up on something I'll take it just cuz it makes me feel better to stand up for what I believe in.

I don't see the Tobacco corporations bringing their cigalikes here any time soon though, not as long as nicotine is illegal to sell in any form except cigarettes and vegetables....unless you're Big Pharma. Wherever there is money there is power so they'll do whatever the hell they want anyway, and the only thing I can do about it is speak up, and loudly, and as often as I can.
    JWH, fifthflo and sc_rufctr like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast