Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Queensland health department - latest public information

Retired Account

Queensland health department - latest public information

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/publica...cigerettes.pdf

This makes it very clear that liquid nicotine is illegal in Queensland.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Poor Qld. I just posted that info on 'jay lyn ecig social group' on fb. It is this group run by a couple of women up in queensland that consists of over 3,400 members/customers that receives dozens of enquiries per day about the starter kits they have for sale. Quite brazen I thought regardless of the law.
    Stomp likes this.

AVF Regular
    This QLD statement exceeds the social and moral depth of despair of our current immigration policy and practices. Simply breath taking ignorance and cynicism.
    JWH, Cath Mort, coopz and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Yes, it appears from that document that the Health Dept Qld considers liquid nicotine to be illegal ... unless it contains hydrochloric acid and other contaminants and is produced by their partner manufacturers
    JWH, Cath Mort, davee and 3 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Well Shit... Gives me something to think about.

Plead ignorance if caught I guess. As long as customs doesn't stop letting it through. Maybe I need to get a bulk lot of 100mg now while I hopefully still can and just start lowering my nic intake more.

This is unbelievable, what a bunch of morons.
    JWH and susie canasta like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    Well Shit... Gives me something to think about.

Plead ignorance if caught I guess. As long as customs doesn't stop letting it through. Maybe I need to get a bulk lot of 100mg now while I hopefully still can and just start lowering my nic intake more.

This is unbelievable, what a bunch of morons.
    Doesn't everyone extract their nicotine from a QuickMist
    davee likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

JWH
    AVF Regular
    "Might" and "may" are words that should be made illegal when drafting policy
    This document "May" deserve to be shoved up Queensland Governments a$$ Hole...

LOL, that and words they use like e-cigs are not safe because they haven't proven to be safe.
    I think there's plenty of things out there that are legal and have never proven to be safe. Usually things have to be proven to be unsafe rather than the other way around?. Hell, even things like cigs are legal and have been proven to be unsafe.

The same old crap from government health departments. They have no respectability if they have never banned any pharmaceutical drugs that have ever caused death.
    Last edited by coopz; 02-08-14 at 04:32 AM.
    JWH, Cath Mort, davee and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Doesn't everyone extract their nicotine from a QuickMist
    I guess that could work if I was desperate, not sure how safe it would be though.

Just looked them up and they are apparently 1mg/spray, and apparently they are worried about nicotine overdoes from liquid nicotine. In their own document 10mg is enough to cause an OD in a child so what happens if a child gets hold of a QuickMist and starts spraying it into their mouth like crazy.

Stay tuned for seizures of nic at the customs level. I think maybe a certain vendor up that way got a heads up that Qld was ramping up the effort against ecigs.

Where is an Australian vaping association when you need one?

Does anyone know if any of QLD's regulations have changed since the time a few years back when they went cray-cray with nic seizures etc. I thought at that time they were acting without authority, hence why they stopped. Because surely if they had 've had legislation on their side back then, there would have been no reason to stop doing what they had been doing.
    Vaporific likes this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast