Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: bring vaping device into australia

bring vaping device into australia

hi, i'm new here and by the and of this month I will moved to Sydney to study.
    Is that ok for me to bring my vaping device from my country to bring it on flight? and what about the custom on Sydney then?
    what should i write on the incoming passenger card.
    and i will bring few liquid that containing nicotine is that save for me o bring it with me?
    and if I have to leave my liquid or vaping device there,where I can get a supply locally on sydney??

thanks,sorry for my bad english
    Waratah67 likes this.

AVF Regular
    devices ok. liquid ok (put liquid in checked baggage). make sure batteries are safe and packed nicely in hand luggage.
    good luck and welcome.

sorry for my bad grammar.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Bring Nicotine !! - Can't buy in Australia - suggest you find a large bottle of 36+ mg Nic liquird to bring with . . . then you'll be able to dilute down with local doublers. . .

Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    devices ok. liquid ok (put liquid in checked baggage). make sure batteries are safe and packed nicely in hand luggage.
    good luck and welcome.

sorry for my bad grammar.
    so I have to put my liquid on my luggage and not bring it into the cabin?
    how to make sure that the battery safe?did i have to wrap it with a plastic?

thanks

All batteries need to be in cabin (carry on luggage). Put batteries in a container, or tape the ends. Devices in carry on or checked.

thanks waratah67 and melbvfr for the answer.
    so,it's fine to put my liquid on my carry on luggage after I wrap it and put it on a container

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by suckz_kid View Post
    thanks waratah67 and melbvfr for the answer.
    so,it's fine to put my liquid on my carry on luggage after I wrap it and put it on a container
    I would not. it may be classed as a food product or derivative when you enter and you may lose it. check in your liquid to be sure.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Here's what the Australian customs site has to say: Alcohol/Cig/Tobacco2

The important paragraph is this (my emphasis):

E-cigarettes (and/or their components) are not prohibited imports under Customs law. However, they may be subject to control under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 if the packaging makes a claim about any form of therapeutic benefit.
    So make sure you don't have any packaging that says it's an aid to quitting smoking.
    Fatman likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    I would not. it may be classed as a food product or derivative when you enter and you may lose it. check in your liquid to be sure.
    Wouldn't matter whether you had it in carry-on or checked at this point.

Either way it should be fine. Nothing to declare.

AVF Regular
    put your liquid in your checked baggage, in your bag with shaving shampooing and general bathroom stuff and will be fine.
    Batteries, I generally bag each one individually unless I have a plastic carry case that holds them separately. You need to make sure that they cant touch anything that is likely to short them out.
    I travel to many countries every year and as long as I do the above I do not get any problems
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast