Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Lancet: Should Australia reconsider its ban on the sale of electronic nicotine ...

AVF Regular

Lancet: Should Australia reconsider its ban on the sale of electronic nicotine ...

Wayne Hall and Coral Gartner in Lancet Respiratory Medicine. You can register for free to read the full article:

Should Australia reconsider its ban on the sale of electronic nicotine delivery systems? : The Lancet Respiratory Medicine
    JenJ likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    I actually thought they were legal due to al of the B&M shops selling them etc. A health professional told me yesterday that all of the vaping gear was actually legal and I told them that was not true. So I was wrong eh?
    They were advised at a major Melbourne hospital when planning and implementing their Zero smoking policy that they could not consider Personal Vaporisers. They said the hospital experts/ advisers told them that even the non nicotine e-cigs that they ell commonly at servos are illegal. It ( the law) is just not enforced.

AVF Regular
    All kinds of wrong.
    Folks with up to date state by state info/links please help

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Wayne Hall and Coral Gartner in Lancet Respiratory Medicine. You can register for free to read the full article:

Should Australia reconsider its ban on the sale of electronic nicotine delivery systems? : The Lancet Respiratory Medicine
    Thank you for this.

It's a very rational summary of the situation. Hard to read about potential regulation without a gut fear reaction. But the reality is vapers are not going to be handed complete freedom on a platter do as we please with regard to vaping. We will have to compromise or completely go without I guess.

I hope this at least opens some public health minds to the risks of a complete ban.

AVF Regular
    At least Coral's giving it a crack, we don't have the numbers to do shit here, its a bit chicken or the egg here as no retails sales and with the WA thing its getting even worse.

Couple of things from that article...

"For example, adult smokers could be allowed to buy approved products from a few licensed sales outlets". What products would be 'approved' and under what criteria. I'd be worried that these 'outlets' would end up being pharmacies, and the approved products would be prefilled cartos. Guaranteed to fail, as once again control is taken away from those who want to control and choose a much safer alternative.

I'd also worry that if these kind of regs came in they'd crack down on internet sales and it that case we are all fkd because they'd have to make posession of anything unapproved illegal.

"And it has created a black market in nicotine sold over the internet" - There is no black market with internet sales only some dodgy retail people. Even though we as vapers are a bit dark on these ppl selling nic illegally at least it helps to get the word out.

With the smegma of TC/PH in control (you know who they are) in this country I feel Coral has a lot pandering to do to give her message any credibility and you can see her doing it all through that article.

The fkd thing is that word is spreading about ecigs, but unfortunately Slimey Uphimselfman's going to claim his plain pack policy is reducing smoking if ecigs ever get bigger here.
    Fatman, Cath Mort and JenJ like this.

AVF Regular
    I only just read this thing properly. :O I figured she was on our side so I just skimmed....

Fcuk me....this is eugenics! She doesn't see us as people, we're just a bunch of rats in cages in a rather airy laboratory.

And as you said tug, they think it's perfectly within their rights to shut everyone down, take over the whole industry and divvy out the product as they see fit, while at the same time tracking our every move, and trying to control our minds.

Jesus, mary and joseph, the world just becomes crazier by the day and no one seems to notice! It's freakin evil.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    At least Coral's giving it a crack, we don't have the numbers to do shit here, its a bit chicken or the egg here as no retails sales and with the WA thing its getting even worse.

Couple of things from that article...

"For example, adult smokers could be allowed to buy approved products from a few licensed sales outlets". What products would be 'approved' and under what criteria. I'd be worried that these 'outlets' would end up being pharmacies, and the approved products would be prefilled cartos. Guaranteed to fail, as once again control is taken away from those who want to control and choose a much safer alternative.

I'd also worry that if these kind of regs came in they'd crack down on internet sales and it that case we are all fkd because they'd have to make posession of anything unapproved illegal.

"And it has created a black market in nicotine sold over the internet" - There is no black market with internet sales only some dodgy retail people. Even though we as vapers are a bit dark on these ppl selling nic illegally at least it helps to get the word out.

With the smegma of TC/PH in control (you know who they are) in this country I feel Coral has a lot pandering to do to give her message any credibility and you can see her doing it all through that article.

The fkd thing is that word is spreading about ecigs, but unfortunately Slimey Uphimselfman's going to claim his plain pack policy is reducing smoking if ecigs ever get bigger here.
    Thank-you for putting this so rationally. I am unable to put these words together because I am so fkn angry about the whole scenario. I can't wish the mofos a painful death cause its wrong to do so. Why do they wish it on us?
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I only just read this thing properly. :O I figured she was on our side so I just skimmed....

Fcuk me....this is eugenics! She doesn't see us as people, we're just a bunch of rats in cages in a rather airy laboratory.

And as you said tug, they think it's perfectly within their rights to shut everyone down, take over the whole industry and divvy out the product as they see fit, while at the same time tracking our every move, and trying to control our minds.

Jesus, mary and joseph, the world just becomes crazier by the day and no one seems to notice! It's freakin evil.
    I've noticed and I'm not happy Jan!!! Sorry meant Jen
    Cath Mort and JenJ like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    We're being taken over by those who feel squeaky clean enough to be entitled to divvy out other people's pleasures as they see fit.

And I refuse to be cowed, I will not be bullied. I will break the law, I will not pay the fines. I will passively resist...civil disobedience is absolutely my right in this case, and I will claim that right if necessary.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    We're being taken over by those who feel squeaky clean enough to be entitled to divvy out other people's pleasures as they see fit.

And I refuse to be cowed, I will not be bullied. I will break the law, I will not pay the fines. I will passively resist...civil disobedience is absolutely my right in this case, and I will claim that right if necessary.
    You are not alone...........
    JenJ likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    We'll all be records in a database, lining up at the chemist like 15 year olds buying condoms while people across the road sit out on the footpath drinking coffee and wine and the huddle of smokers outside the pub on the corner and Mike Daube sits in a chair lecturing in a patronising robotic voice
    Fatman, JenJ and Kaoself like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast