• 1 Post By vengaman

Thread: Glans debunked....again

AVF Regular

Glans debunked....again

Hidden1 likes this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    as the statement to the FDA from CASAA stated on page 26 (yes, I have thoroughly read all 53 pages of it 3 times now):

"Consumers are the primary, and by far most important, stakeholder in the CTP regulatory
    process. The secondary stakeholder, industry, while well-represented in the process for
    traditional tobacco products, is also poorly represented in the case of e-cigarettes. Far better
    represented are those who are not stakeholders at all, particularly those who morally oppose use
    of all tobacco products (who misleadingly self-style as “public health” advocates, though they
    are actually motivated by specific ideology and not by genuinely improving health).
    “Stakeholder” is often abused as if it meant “anyone with an opinion on the matter,” but it
    actually means “anyone who has a material stake in the matter,” which does not include those
    who are merely opinionated about it."

Retired Account
    I'm not sure about that comment. I think everyone has a right to voice an opinion, even those I vehemently disagree with. It's far better to have it out there, where it can be debunked, or at least scrutinised, than to have people with any sort of power making decisions behind closed doors, where there is no capacity for others to dispute their opinions. What we need more than anything, especially here in Australia, are well educated, well informed, and well spoken people to debate openly with those public health people who are passionately opposed to ecigarettes.
    gtadmin and vengaman like this.

AVF Regular
    I think the comment is particularly accurate. Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean I am right or should be assumed to be on something I have no first hand experience of.

What i do ok agree with is that we, absolutely, could use a friend with a voice.
    Sent by vape-o-phone.
    lulu68 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Public health advocates can validly claim to represent all consumers as stakeholders in the process, not just consumers of the product. It's just that they appear to be representing them extremely poorly.