Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: ABC Health and Wellbeing: Why the jury is still out on e-cigarettes

What frustrates me is the lack of responsibility and accountability.

Every vaper is prepared to take responsibility for their decision to switch to vaping. They understand the buyers beware, use at your own risk. They understand that long term health risks are unknown, and they understand that they dont know 100% whats in their ejuice. But every vaper has assessed the risks themselves, and have decided that the risk is worth t, particularly in contrast to their past behaviour of smoking.

Public Healthers like M.D and S.C take absolutely no responsibility. They do and say everything they can to turn smokers away from a e-cigarettes, and in the future will not take any responsibility for the those who's lives could have been saved had they switched.

I don't know how, but I want to look for ways to hold these two people accountable for the lives they stood in the way of saving.

AVF Regular
    I completely agree Marty,..so does Clive Bates. I think you'll like this article;

Turning the tables on public health – let’s talk about the risks *they* create The counterfactual

Apparent attitude of public health officials:

I’m here to tell you what to do, not to take responsibility for it.
    Last edited by JenJ; 19-08-14 at 11:04 AM.

Why do they bother writing articles at all, may as well cut and paste as the same arguments are regurgitated in every one.

I don't understand why they keep insisting that it's a quitting aid. I enjoyed smoking and had no intention of giving up, I tried vaping, and enjoyed it even more. I still have no intention of giving up vaping, I'm getting more enjoyment than from smoking, and it's much healthier. Sure, we don't know the complete story yet, but it's got to be much better for you than smoking.

The worst is the crap they sprout about how it will get kids to start vaping and then move onto smoking. That's like saying someone learns to drive in a Ferrari with the intention of "graduating" to a clapped out rusty VW Beetle. Why choose a clearly inferior product when you are already using the best there is?

Cheers
    Darren
    Vaporific likes this.

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    Dumbest one to comment in the whole article award goes to DAUBE, yeah those plain packages are making a huge difference.

"We need tax increases and we're now going to get four successive tax increases, we need major media campaigns and the government has committed to those, we need more non-smoking protection because that has a societal effect we've got that, and we need other measures like plain packaging, which send a big signal."

AVF Regular
    i posted a comment, i owned them.. the end
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    I think maybe they capped out at 20 comments...

Or they became worried by the one-sided nature of the comments section and shut it down. I guess all those people who found vaping but kept smoking instead don't have computers.

AVF Regular
    Nope, up to 31 comments now...
    Mostly all positive too
    Except this piece of **** from "OzQuit"

I can't believe that everyone is so brainwashed and conditioned to believing and just knowing that switching their Nicotine intake (which is the problem!) from within a normal cigarette to an e-cigarette, a patch or any other form of NRT containing the exact same drug actually thinks that they're quitting! Get real people. When you finally quit 'whatever you're on' by making a mental shift and essentially going cold turkey, that's when you can only be truly free from the drug. There is no difference between an e-cigarette or a cigarette that you light with a lighter. You're simply getting your nicotine 'fix' in one form or another. The reason that there is absolutely NO research showing that switching to one of these things actually helps someone quit smoking, is simply because they don't help in any way. You're simply back on the cigarettes as soon as you're in a triggered situation where you think you want or need one, as you're still smoking, but just in a different form. People who quit from taking NRT, they've only quit once they stop taking this also! Smokers still don't know why that in 2 years time they still have cravings. I used to smoke for 17 years until I realised the truth about nicotine addiction. I know that most smokers are smart people, I just believe that they are all misinformed and uneducated to the facts and simple truths about smoking.
    I replied to it, will be interesting to see if it gets added...
    marty likes this.

I can't believe that everyone is so brainwashed and conditioned to believing and just knowing that switching their Nicotine intake (which is the problem!) from within a normal cigarette to an e-cigarette, a patch or any other form of NRT containing the exact same drug actually thinks that they're quitting! Get real people. When you finally quit 'whatever you're on' by making a mental shift and essentially going cold turkey, that's when you can only be truly free from the drug. There is no difference between an e-cigarette or a cigarette that you light with a lighter. You're simply getting your nicotine 'fix' in one form or another. The reason that there is absolutely NO research showing that switching to one of these things actually helps someone quit smoking, is simply because they don't help in any way. You're simply back on the cigarettes as soon as you're in a triggered situation where you think you want or need one, as you're still smoking, but just in a different form. People who quit from taking NRT, they've only quit once they stop taking this also! Smokers still don't know why that in 2 years time they still have cravings. I used to smoke for 17 years until I realised the truth about nicotine addiction. I know that most smokers are smart people, I just believe that they are all misinformed and uneducated to the facts and simple truths about smoking.

{{takes deep inhale}}

I love the smell of prohibition in the morning.

What a jackass that guy is.
    lulu68 and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    {{takes deep inhale}}

I love the smell of prohibition in the morning.

What a jackass that guy is.
    Someone should send him a nice MPV with some 5pawns.
    vapinjoe likes this.

AVF Regular
    The frustration is that these people are controlling the language around vaping discussion. Thow away lines like "no evidence that they help people quit" and "not proven safe", it's just burying the discussion in weasel words.

If it were "evidence that some people quit using e-cigs" and "safer than smoking", it would be something we could work with.
    Cath Mort and lulu68 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast