Like Tree24Likes

Thread: ecig vid in the fairfax press today

AVF Regular

ecig vid in the fairfax press today

Bad news for e-cigarettes

out today - nothing positive here

ps - seems to be from the same release as this

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...t-9691329.html
    Last edited by avtek; 27-08-14 at 10:48 AM.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

JWH
    AVF Regular
    For me... Personally....mi really didn't find anything that bad in that video
    1- no vaping indoors, just considerate
    2- no advertising, fair enough we can cope with that
    3 keeping it away from pregnant women and children, cool as
    4 vaping is fairly new and although there are more studies then the WHO choose to acknowledge the long term effects on our health is an enigma, we don't know yet, but we "the Lab rats" or "the Guinea pigs" will be the first to prove that vaping is ok to do
    5there is a worry about non smokers picking up the addiction, I'm sure that if you can vote, drive a car that you should be able to mak e a choice for yourself to either vape or not, I think they forget that we are the masters of our omen domain not them Tula use
    6 last point I have hehe. To advertise it as a quit smoking aid in my opinion is a little suss, I heard of heaps of people on this forum that' dual,use. Sure it helps us, we know that but were not aiming for it to be a cease smoking Sid are we? I thought we were just wanting it to be legal, and then you can make your choice to come on this awesome thread and tell us how it has actually quit smoking, hence creating community support of and a peer base support network to help you through those rough times

My opinion anyhow lol
    dan6a and Cath Mort like this.

AVF Regular
    When I first started vaping I was obnoxiously proud of the cleaner technology and vaped openly just to attract others to ask about it.

It was 'it's simply water vapour' back 4+ years ago, but that information was false. and thusly am more than happy to be not vaping in public places, nor near pregnant ladies etc.

The federal government need to stop being influenced by lobbies and really go hard and support ecigs for the long term benefit. I work in surgery and see so so many various surgeries from amputations to lung surgery that would all simply reduce by huge huge HUGE numbers in 10 years time should they assist people moving from smoke to steam.

It is safer, its obvious even to a child. But it's not perfect but compared to the legal traditional cigarette product... the logic just doesn't add up at all.
    Last edited by dan6a; 28-08-14 at 02:43 AM.
    JWH and BlueJay like this.

AVF Regular
    Having said that all I want to vape in every pub in Oz
    JWH, Cath Mort and lulu68 like this.

AVF Regular
    shouldn't be banned in pubs
    Cath Mort and LimeB like this.

AVF Regular
    That doochbag in the video was dripping eliquid on the 510 connection on a stardust
    JWH and tugboatofdeath like this.

AVF Regular
    that whole thing about not making false health claims gets my goat a bit. what about things like certain paracetamol and ibuprofen brands that put identical doses of the same medication in different boxes than normal, claim they target specific types of pain, then charge an arm and a leg for them compared to the same thing in a standard package?

oh, wait. the who would be getting massive kick backs from the big pharma companies practicing those shonky tactics, so it goes unchallenged.
    JWH and Cath Mort like this.

AVF Regular
    the thing that shits me is you're going to have friends/family/people on the street coming up to you and spouting absolute bollox now this pile of dog doo has been dropped by WHO
    JWH, dan6a and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    the thing that shits me is you're going to have friends/family/people on the street coming up to you and spouting absolute bollox now this pile of dog doo has been dropped by WHO
    and the only real negative is the headline - which the public just accepts as true cos they dont really understand the article anyway

AVF Regular
    E-cigarette WHO ban: 'I thought vaping was safe' - Telegraph

check out this headline:

'I thought my e-cigarette was safe. Turns out, I was smoking the equivalent of 40-a-day'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast