Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Will Aussie vendors lose the word doubler the same as we lost Ugg boot?

AVF Regular

Will Aussie vendors lose the word doubler the same as we lost Ugg boot?

Reposting on this forum cause i am curious

I was reading through the classifieds when I came accross an advert for some very nice sounding juice. I went to the link they provided and went to the US shop called Tasty Vapor.. they had a section of no nic juices the same as we have here ... Same as we call them here Doublers they did too .. and that was all good till I noticed that the word doubler had TM next to it

Not being an expert in TM law...my question is....Wiill vendors in Australia still be able to use the word doubler? and if not what then? esp since we are not allowed to sell nicotine based anything

the link

Tasty Vapor E-Juice - Custom Made Eliquids

From thier website

"Doubler™ is Tasty Vapor's answer to Zero Nicotine liquids. Because there is no expensive nicotine in Doubler™ fluid, we can give you extra (or more), for relatively the same price as our 1 ounce nicotine liquid! You get so much, that you can use it to mix down your high nicotine liquids and create larger batches, of lower nicotine liquid, without any flavor loss!"

"No one in the world, anywhere, does this for you, except Tasty Vapor!"
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    think Juice Whore and VapeKing might need to look at this.
    think the term doubler is a bit vague though so would be hard to tm
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Super Moderator
    Agree with what D1g has said , however it would be interesting to see if anyone has Trademarked it locally ... Technically if they have , then yes the scenario might be the same as the Uggs

Hmmm I think I better rush and take out trademarks on "Halvies" "TwoTimes" "DouleUp" "ExtraDollop" "TwiceTheFun" etc etc
    JWH, Stomp, lheamfrg and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Agree with what D1g has said , however it would be interesting to see if anyone has Trademarked it locally ... Technically if they have , then yes the scenario might be the same as the Uggs

Hmmm I think I better rush and take out trademarks on "Halvies" "TwoTimes" "DouleUp" "ExtraDollop" "TwiceTheFun" etc etc
    Unfortunately for you Fitman, NakorJuice™ is already not available in Halvies™, TwoTimes™, DouleUp™, ExtraDollop™, TwiceTheFun™ and OMGWTFBBQROFLCOPTER™

Sadly we were unable to trademark simple phrases as "double strength", "double flavour", "extra strong", etc, etc and our teacup did subside from it's turbulent weather.
    D1git, Stomp, Fatman and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Reposting on this forum cause i am curious

I was reading through the classifieds when I came accross an advert for some very nice sounding juice. I went to the link they provided and went to the US shop called Tasty Vapor.. they had a section of no nic juices the same as we have here ... Same as we call them here Doublers they did too .. and that was all good till I noticed that the word doubler had TM next to it

Not being an expert in TM law...my question is....Wiill vendors in Australia still be able to use the word doubler? and if not what then? esp since we are not allowed to sell nicotine based anything

the link

Tasty Vapor E-Juice - Custom Made Eliquids

From thier website

"Doubler™ is Tasty Vapor's answer to Zero Nicotine liquids. Because there is no expensive nicotine in Doubler™ fluid, we can give you extra (or more), for relatively the same price as our 1 ounce nicotine liquid! You get so much, that you can use it to mix down your high nicotine liquids and create larger batches, of lower nicotine liquid, without any flavor loss!"

"No one in the world, anywhere, does this for you, except Tasty Vapor!"
    ​Welcome back.

AVF Regular
    other place going quiet?
    :spit: :coat:
    308hjute, Nakor and bank like this.

AVF Regular
    I wanna know what a Douleup is ;p
    gtadmin and Altered1 like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Update have been given this link Free Trademark Search | Protect Business Name | Incorporate Your Business | Trademarkia apparently they have not been granted th4e TM but they are using it anyways .. prolly to scare people from using the name doubler and justify the lie that they are the only one in the world making them

apparently they have until sept to appeal the decision ...

Either way something for vendors selling doublers to keep in mind ... ;p
    Crisscross likes this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Super Moderator
    What I said in regards to patents applies here equally ... only one reason why a company trademarks something.
    Hidden1 likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    It's a world gone mad I tell ya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast