• 1 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 1 Post By Vapes of Groth
  • 2 Post By essiemessy
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 2 Post By Vapes of Groth
  • 1 Post By Davi

Thread: ABC: The Roast 28th August 2014

ABC: The Roast 28th August 2014

What I want to see written on my tombstone is "This is the future home of Ron........".

That was atrocious.

"because even if we are wrong, it's not like Big Tobacco deserve a second chance".

More Big Tobacco conspiracy. Almost as though S.C wrote the crappy skit himself.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

AVF Regular
    SC woulda jacked off into his chardonnay to this
    marty likes this.

Atrocious lies. Absolutely disgusting. A win for Big Tobacco, manipulating tobacco control and their lefty comedian affiliates to manufacture this garbage.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's funny... I took it completely the other way, taking the piss out of the whole debacle. After all that's what this show's always been about.
    sc_rufctr and vengaman like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    It's funny... I took it completely the other way, taking the piss out of the whole debacle. After all that's what this show's always been about.
    Me too. This IS aussie comedy after all, not that insipid crap we get from OS with a limp, PC punchline.
    vengaman likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

It was poking fun at BT while at the same time giving the impression that they are the only players in the e-cig industry. At least that's my take on it. A shame but hardly of any real influence.

No, they were making a joke that the push for vaping (Big Vapor) is Big Tobacco in disguise, and that they are pushing for vaping and that it is just as harmful as smoking; that it is another lie from BT that they are safer and it is just like the lie that filters made smoking safe. In reality, vaping is a peoples movement of smokers reclaiming their lives, boycotting Big Tobacco and vaping really is safer than smoking. Yet these comedians truly believe they are fighting the Peoples Fight against Big Tobacco in the most powerful way, through humour.

It just demonstrated to me how public health has been manipulated into attacking Big Tobacco's greatest threat, vaping. Big Tobacco has successfully bought out enough cigalikes and promoted them in slick ways to manipulate tobacco control people into attacking ALL vaping. After all, we can't buy Dekang or other nic juice products here but we can freely support the profits of Big Tobacco by buying their products everywhere.
    Cath Mort and sc_rufctr like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for posting this link.

I definitely took it as a bad sketch for vaping. To the general public it would be a given that Big Vaping is Big tobacco in disguise. I know we know it's not in Australia as vapers but I bet that is exactly what most viewers would think whether smoker or non smoker.

I've been getting a hard time from friends and family recently with all the publicity about how bad vaping is. Luckily for me they haven't watched this segment. Or maybe they have but are sick to death of me emailing them the facts rather than the propaganda.

It really is a hard place we are in as I definitely want to know what is in what I vape and I also want to know that the devices I use are as safe as possible but I find myself defending everything.

My little reservations which make me more cautious about what I include in my eliquid and my obsessively cleaning my hardware when I receive it cannot be talked about with with non vapers. They would automatically assume that the whole kit and caboodle is bad.
    *sigh*
    sc_rufctr likes this.