Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Friend fined in QLD for having ejuice with Nicotine and mod confiscated

AVF Regular

Friend fined in QLD for having ejuice with Nicotine and mod confiscated

A friend of mine was fined today in Queensland for having juice with nicotine they confiscated her stingray mod and also fined her for vaping in the car with a child present. They said the Eliquid with nicotine fine was $5000. She is going to fight the fines so if anyone has any help or advice they could give her it would be appreciated.

UPDATE: the police just came to her door and gave her a warning so there will be no fines her lucky day. they must have looked into it further and knew they done it wrong or it would be to much trouble to defend in court.
    Last edited by Hidden1; 23-09-14 at 06:46 PM.
    Captain and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Get a good lawyer. That vaping with kids in the car - specifically relates to tobacco, not vaping. Review the usual laws on PV's. Did she admit there was nicotine in the juice ? a typical cop car has no way to test for that. Good luck!
    Hidden1 likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Any further details?

I'm assuming they were in a car, so did they get pulled over for something unrelated or because an officer saw a car with kids and smoke in it?

Also curious on the nicotine part, was it an assumption or an admission? I suppose it wouldn't be surprising for them to confiscate "on suspicion" and have it lab tested.
    Hidden1 likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    A quick google search brought up a PDF from Health Queensland saying they are illegal and can carry a fine of up to $8800 for own or one that has nicotine. Though this seems to mostly apply to the nic itself.
    Hidden1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post

Also curious on the nicotine part, was it an assumption or an admission? I suppose it wouldn't be surprising for them to confiscate "on suspicion" and have it lab tested.
    It would have to be a real slow day IMHO to ramp up for a test.... wonder if they'd get SS600's kit ?
    akef38 likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    It would have to be a real slow day IMHO to ramp up for a test.... wonder if they'd get SS600's kit ?
    I half suspect a decent police lab would have little trouble slapping together a test to indicate the presence of nicotine. 5-8k fine for possession is probably more than justification enough.

AVF Regular
    Ah yes, but is it really illegal ?

AVF Regular
    Jeeeez !!!!!! when will this crap stop for shit's sake !!!!!!. $5,000 fine for Vaping?????????????. She should of been smoking a joint and she would of gotten off with a warning and a severe slap on the wrist !!!!!
    But of course, it's all about the kids !!!. Sad, very sad and pitiful when the "Justice system has nothing better to do". I am going to stop now because if i continue expressing my feelings about this CRAP, i probably will be banned from here. Sorry to hear about this Hidden1.
    AL
    Altered1, oxey, lulu68 and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    What part of Qld mate ? I had the coppers up beside me yesterday at the lights, I didn't see them till I took off but had been tooting along merrily on the provari. Maybe the kid caught their attention eh ? Be intetesting to see if she contests the charges an the outcome. Fkn red neck cops, honestly....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    Ah yes, but is it really illegal ?
    Yes, it really is in QLD. Has been since at least the changes in the poisions schedule that moved nicotine into schedule 7.

The premier has been quoted as saying so as well. That in and of itself is enough in a state with no upper house and a lower house majority. Technically they can pass a law tommorow making the colour blue illegal if they wanted to.

--------

Quick edit - Actually was Health Minister Lawrence Springborg, but he's a mouthpiece for newman so it's much the same.
    Last edited by Nakor; 23-09-14 at 06:21 PM.
    Stomp and hugeonreddit like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast