Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Four Corners ABC Monday

AVF Regular

Four Corners ABC Monday

I've seen ads on the TV about Four Corners doing a program on big tobacco. What caught my ear in the ad was a tobacco company spokesman saying " We have been part of the problem & we want to be part of the solution" I wonder if the solution is Ecigs. It runs over two nights so it might be worth watching.
    Robray, JenJ and sc_rufctr like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I've seen ads on the TV about Four Corners doing a program on big tobacco. What caught my ear in the ad was a tobacco company spokesman saying " We are the problem & we want to be part of the solution" I wonder if the solution is Ecigs. It runs over two nights so it might be worth watching.
    Fixed the quote Rod!!
    Cath Mort and vapz like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    The Seduction of Smoking: Four Corners Special - Four Corners

In the second episode, the story shifts to the developing world and the role the electronic, or e-cigarette, will have on the health of smokers and the industry itself. Even as the tobacco industry admits it has killed in the past, it now claims e-cigarettes and other new technologies can allow people the chance to use nicotine safely.

Oh dear, this will not look good for us. It's a shame they are not likely to make a distinction between BTs cigalikes and vaping.....this would have been an ideal moment to have a media spokesperson speaking on our behalf.
    Last edited by JenJ; 27-09-14 at 11:30 AM.
    Browny and hugeonreddit like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the fix up Jen.
    I've been worried about big tobaccos involvement in Ecigs because of the hatred people have for the tobacco companies. I noticed the ex health minister saying can we trust what the tobacco companies say. Like you Jen I don't think this is going to look good for us.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Thanks for the fix up Jen.
    I've been worried about big tobaccos involvement in Ecigs because of the hatred people have for the tobacco companies. I noticed the ex health minister saying can we trust what the tobacco companies say. Like you Jen I don't think this is going to look good for us.
    This is a reputable show and the journalists are usually very fair and thorough in presenting their research. If we had an organisation up and running I'm sure they would have contacted them for their input into the story, and the distinction may have been made between vaping and the encroachment of BT into the vaping industry after the fact. But without this input it will probably leave the general population with the idea that vaping belongs to the tobacco companies.

But I suppose I'm jumping the gun a bit, we will see when it's aired on Monday I guess.
    lulu68 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes Four Corners normally give a balanced view without sensationalizing the story.

Super Moderator
    But dont you love the way Big Tobacco are cashing in on the "We" side of things .... E-cigs were round for years and Big T just didnt give a crap ... UNTIL they saw the potential for it to undermine their profits ... Good Ol Big Tobacco has done pretty much NOTHING to evolve the e-cig to what it is today , and certainly not what we call PV's ... instead in typical corporate mentality , they will offer the worst possible solution ( in this case cigalikes) so they can maximise their profit potential introducing "New" technology at set intervals none of which they have developed ( but you can be sure they will be telling you about THEIR NEW INNOVATION),but instead will steal from the community that has driven the innovations thusfar .
    All the time they will be shouting to the rooftops "We are doing this for YOU mmmmKay ....Tobacco is bad "

Hypocrisy over hypocrisy , and Joe Public is gonna eat it up , and Maxwell Q Government is going to hand it to them on a plate ( for their cut)
    The Devil will become the Saviour and Good is no longer required
    If you ever want proof there is evil in the modern world , this is it folks

( Hang on its Saturday?...... , that sure reads like a sermon though )
    JWH, Robray, gtadmin and 6 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    But dont you love the way Big Tobacco are cashing in on the "We" side of things .... E-cigs were round for years and Big T just didnt give a crap ... UNTIL they saw the potential for it to undermine their profits ... Good Ol Big Tobacco has done pretty much NOTHING to evolve the e-cig to what it is today , and certainly not what we call PV's ... instead in typical corporate mentality , they will offer the worst possible solution ( in this case cigalikes) so they can maximise their profit potential introducing "New" technology at set intervals none of which they have developed ( but you can be sure they will be telling you about THEIR NEW INNOVATION),but instead will steal from the community that has driven the innovations thusfar .
    All the time they will be shouting to the rooftops "We are doing this for YOU mmmmKay ....Tobacco is bad "

Hypocrisy over hypocrisy , and Joe Public is gonna eat it up , and Maxwell Q Government is going to hand it to them on a plate ( for their cut)
    The Devil will become the Saviour and Good is no longer required
    If you ever want proof there is evil in the modern world , this is it folks

( Hang on its Saturday?...... , that sure reads like a sermon though )
    Yep, all true.

But we are Joe Public. They make it extremely difficult for us to get our voices heard, by making the process seem out of our reach or too complicated or intimidating. But surely it's not impossible to find someone to represent us in the media?
    Fatman and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    Most if not all big business runs on Hypocrisy & creating perceptions in the public Fatman I don't see big tobacco as any different to the big coal, oil, auto, food, plus many other companies, just look at the damage sugar is doing to us with the supposedly low fat healthy foods which is doing as much damage to populations now as smoking.
    The only good thing that might come out of big tobaccos involvement with vaping is they have enough lobbyists to make nicotine egigs legal so we can vape our banned mech mods at home & smoke nice little ecigs when we go out:-)
    Fatman and Hidden1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Well, if Tony Delroy and Tom Tilley (in particular) have such shit attitudes to vaping, I don't hold out much hope that Four Corners will be that accommodating, either. Two shows in the one week? Give me strength. I'm disappointed already LOL
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast