Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Major Downfall for E-cigarettes as Scientists discover Danger to Window Lickers

Major Downfall for E-cigarettes as Scientists discover Danger to Window Lickers

Scientists have revealed that up to 1 milligram of nicotine can be ingested if a person licks 5 sq metres of glass that has been exposed to e-cigarette vapour.

If you're like me and have taken up this fantastic fad of licking your windows and walls in your home, then this latest scientific report will shock you. What's worse is that if you kiss your wife or children after you have licked your walls, you could potentially expose your loved ones to micrograms of nicotine.

Public Health advocates have called for a complete ban on all nicotine electronic cigarettes after this frightening revelation. Professor James Tungtowall from the University of Watdafark Victoria, said that "this only confirms what we have suspected all along. Non-smokers should take extreme caution before licking the walls and windows when visiting the homes of e-cigarette users, and those who use e-cigarettes in their home should inform visitors about their e-cigarette use before letting their guests lick their walls and windows".

JWH, Robray, giruvian and 19 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I heart this so much. It's either the best written trolling science article or a complete utter waste of resources.
    Is there a study which demonstrates how much residual ammonia can be ingested from licking 5 freshly scrubbed bathtubs?
    Health alert.
    Fatman, steve.c and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    WOW i have to remember this next time i run low on ejuice

So next question is how many square meters would i have to lick to satisfy my craving
    Pleski, steve.c, lulu68 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I think everyone should learn more about their bosses habits before they start licking arse.
    Fatman, steve.c, zgods1 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    LOL this is gold

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Interesting article.

I have got to call into question the final figures as they do not take into account the nicotine that would be absorbed by the person that would using the PV.

Anyway back to the old chestnut of nicotine naturally available in the human food chain. As this article points out nicotine is readily metabolized by the human body and is really of no consequence in the real world.

MMS: Error

I am presently downloading the nicotine MSDS and it will be available to interested visitors to my house. This will allow them to make an informed decision whether to enter the premises and consume food containing nicotine. Children will be actively discouraged from licking the windows, walls and floors, and if adults partake in this behavior, they deserve everything bad that happens to them. Consuming residual Nicotine in this manner the least of their issues!!
    JWH, gtadmin, Fatman and 4 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Retired Account
    If you vape exclusively in the bathroom, and then steam up the room by running the shower for say.. half an hour, could you then collect the vapour as steam from the mirror in the bathroom and drink it as an alternative to vaping?? I don't like the idea of licking windows.. who knows what else could be on there.. windex is probably more toxic than eliquid containing nicotine. Would I need 5 square metres of mirrors in my bathroom to achieve a decent nicotine hit? I suppose I could put the mirrors on the ceiling?
    JWH, Robray, giruvian and 4 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Eggplant 100mg/g?

Just got to work out how to extract THAT

ETA: sorry, that's ng (nanogram) ... oh well
    Last edited by gtadmin; 28-09-14 at 01:35 PM.
    Robray, Fatman and Bobthebuilder like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Eggplant 100mg/g?

Just got to work out how to extract THAT

Eat it, drink lots of water, urinate, then distill urine. Easy!! Anyway the correct figure is NG/g
    gtadmin likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Eat it, drink lots of water, urinate, then distill urine. Easy!! Anyway the correct figure is NG/g
    Yeah, saw that after a second look I blame old eyes ...
    Robray likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast