Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: And now the duplicity begins !

Super Moderator

And now the duplicity begins !

E-Cigarette Makers Confound | News OK

Quoted from article Bolding is mine ...

Tobacco companies, long considered public health enemy No. 1, have suddenly positioned themselves as protectors of consumer well-being in the digital age.

They are putting out among the strongest health warnings in the fledgling e-cigarette industry, going further even than the familiar ones on actual cigarettes, a leading cause of death. It has left the industry’s critics scratching their heads and deeply skeptical.

One warning, from Altria, maker of Marlboros, reads in part: “Nicotine is addictive and habit forming, and is very toxic by inhalation, in contact with the skin, or if swallowed.”

Another, from Reynolds American, maker of Camels, says the product is not intended for persons “who have an unstable heart condition, high blood pressure, or diabetes; or persons who are at risk for heart disease or are taking medicine for depression or asthma.”

Now isnt the bolding bit interesting ... while the article might give the impression Big Tobacco is now a caring sharing responsible industry ... the bold bit screams to me " And this is why we cant allow just any liquids for use in vaping , apart from the regulated doses we plan to package and sell " customers arent as responsible as us when it comes to figuring out what they need , lets regulate and authorise exclusive e-liquid manufacture , its the only way the Chillun be Safe ! "

Sighhhh hands up if you agree lol
    JWH, gtadmin, marty and 10 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    And they can lace it with more addictive stuff than nic probably as well.
    marty, sc_rufctr and Browny like this.
    *I Use Clones*

I think the BT co's are not realizing that most vapers who are ex smokers , after being slaves to them for so long would never give them another cent. Imo id never give them anything again after they and the gov where happy to rip me off whilst selling me a product that kills due to my addiction and I think alot of former smokers think exactly the same.
    I wouldnt care if the produced the best atty, pv, liquid (they wont) id never by it just out of principal.
    Also they think people are stupid enough to swallow the whole " we want to regulate for the consumer safety" when its plain as day its about money.
    BT can go pineapple them selfs in the anus
    JWH, bugzme, marty and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by McVapen View Post
    BT can go pineapple them selfs in the anus

+10 things
    JWH and marty like this.

Being a billion dollar a year industry now it is not surprising BT companies are seeing dollar signs and will try to get their tentacles into US senators preaching how they will clean up this "unregulated" and "dangerous" industry for the well being of us all.
    I'm scared that in a year or two we will all either be forced to buy winfield 6mg liquid from the supermarket or run the gauntlet of importing a perfectly safe product they will deem to be illegal. It will be a sad day indeed.

AVF Regular
    So now the scientists will have to reverse the previous position of proving tobacco is dangerous & now prove that nicotine is not as harmful as BT says it is.

It's all got to do with them failing in the ecig market.
    Last edited by marty; 29-09-14 at 11:05 PM.

AVF Regular
    For this, I'd hope that there is a god, and she deals with tobacco execs get dealt with for eternity.
    Vaporific likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by McVapen View Post
    Also they think people are stupid enough to swallow the whole " we want to regulate for the consumer safety" when its plain as day its about money.
    I hate to be the one to break it to you but people are stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    And they can lace it with more addictive stuff than nic probably as well.
    This...

Big Tobacco can go and jump as far as I'm concerned.
    I would not trust them to do anything except ensure they make as much money as possible. That's not really a criticism because 99% of companies do the same.

I just hope they are not successful in trying to get their "cigacraps" into Australia.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast