Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Nicotine, the new wonder drug?

Nicotine, the new wonder drug?

Keep those nic levels up folks, looks like we have been right all along, just using the wrong delivery method until now...

Is Everything We Know About Nicotine Wrong? | The Mind Unleashed

A great read ,thanks for the heads up.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Jeez. Radioactive fertilizer? After reading that I want to grow my own now.

AVF Regular
    wow!!! thanks for sharing

"As they spread phosphate fertilizers on the fields year after year, the levels of polonium 210 lead 210 rise and make their way into the tobacco plants" - this is insane - polonium is one of the deadliest poisons on earth ffs

What is polonium-210 and how can it kill?

"once polonium-210 is deposited in the bloodstream, its potent effects are nearly impossible to stop. A poisoning victim would experience multiple organ failure as alpha radiation particles bombard the liver, kidneys and bone marrow from within."

AVF Regular
    There is also relatively new invention taking the world by storm, the electronic cigarette or vaporizer pen, which allows users to inhale a liquid mixture of nicotine, propylene glycol or glycerol, and flavorings. These devices contain a battery or USB-charged heating element that warms up to vaporize the liquid, which may look clear or like smoke but is actually water vapor.
    Um.. color me naive, but I'd always presumed that what came out of a PV, would be the vapor of what went in. So from that, I am guessing that what comes out is vaporized nicotine, propylene glycol or glycerol, and flavorings as opposed to water vapor.

Good article though. It underlines something I've always pointed out to people who spout that nicotine is a poison - and that is every substance that changes the chemistry of the body (e.g. medicines) is a poison. Take too much (AKA 'overdose') of them, and the end result will be bad. Of course, some have a wide 'safety zone' (e.g. if 10mg is 'enough' but 10000mg is getting dangerous, it has a wide safety zone, if 10mg is enough, but 12mg causes painful death, it has a narrow safety zone).

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post
    Um.. color me naive, but I'd always presumed that what came out of a PV, would be the vapor of what went in. So from that, I am guessing that what comes out is vaporized nicotine, propylene glycol or glycerol, and flavorings as opposed to water vapor.
    Mix things together and heat them up and you've changed the chemical structure, so no what comes out is certainly different. If you're worried about that contemplate what happens when you burn tobacco leaves, paper and whatever else they put in stinkies.

Super Moderator
    The water vapour thing that you read so much about in these "scientific" hoo has and doo dads , comes about because the "fog" we inhale , or exhale when vaping looks like it does , because the vapourised PG and/or VG is incredibly hydrophilic , i.e. it loves water , and it sucks that water out of the atmosphere ( and our bodies ) when we inhale it and exhale it ... this is why you dehydrate a bit when you vape and why its a good idea to drink more

So they are partially right ... we do exhale a "Water Vapour" its wrapped lovingly around little molecules of PG/VG/Nic/flavourings

I dont think anyone has really brought it up this way before on these forums that I have read , so there you go folks ... while we dont exactly inhale water vapour , as soon as it leaves the drip tip , it starts collecting water from its surroundings and becoming foggy vapey goodness
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    The water vapour thing that you read so much about in these "scientific" hoo has and doo dads , comes about because the "fog" we inhale , or exhale when vaping looks like it does , because the vapourised PG and/or VG is incredibly hydrophilic , i.e. it loves water , and it sucks that water out of the atmosphere ( and our bodies ) when we inhale it and exhale it ... this is why you dehydrate a bit when you vape and why its a good idea to drink more

So they are partially right ... we do exhale a "Water Vapour" its wrapped lovingly around little molecules of PG/VG/Nic/flavourings

I dont think anyone has really brought it up this way before on these forums that I have read , so there you go folks ... while we dont exactly inhale water vapour , as soon as it leaves the drip tip , it starts collecting water from its surroundings and becoming foggy vapey goodness
    That is excellent info to have Fatman!
    I had no idea myself......

Still..... your father smells of elderberries.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post
    That is excellent info to have Fatman!
    I had no idea myself......

Still..... your father smells of elderberries.
    Burnt elderberries!!! .. we cremated the bugger a few years back

The described phenomenon is also why our vapour disappears quickly , as it settles and releases the excess water molecules it attracts back into the atmosphere ... also why on hot dry days , not so much vapour , as opposed to huge clouds on cold damp or humid days as the water content in the atmosphere varies
    Last edited by Fatman; 04-10-14 at 04:24 PM.
    Mushman and Skoville like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I have noticed that, vaping in the car first thing in the morning is really cool, loads of vapour everywhere, summer may be different.
    *I Use Clones*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast