Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: An Open Letter to people who vape indoors

An Open Letter to people who vape indoors

A huffpost article asking vapers not to vape inside out of common courtesy and consideration of others: An Open Letter to the Person Smoking Their E-Cigarette Indoors

AVF Regular
    The article could have been signed off

Claire Lower is an a-hole living in Florida.

Ah well...everyone is entitled to an opinion, its' just frustrating that vapers keep getting kicked in the guts, often for no reason.

Retired Account
    I sure hope she doesn't wear deodorant or perfume or use strong smelling soap, because someone, somewhere is going to be offended by those odours too. Smells like diacetyl? Really?

AVF Regular
    Her analogys are not that great but the overall msg is one of common courtesy an somerhing that is often overlooked by over zealous vapers. Guess she was just plain out of something news worthy to publish.

AVF Regular
    Politically incorrect maybe but I think ejuice reeks...nowhere near as bad as analogues but nevertheless .. so i see her point... the nicotine smell in particular is something I pick up on without fail and some juices.. I could gladly go without smelling even tho am happy to vape them ... I think to some never smokers this could be an issue indoors along with strong perfumes and soaps *shrug
    Waratah67 likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Her delivery of her message was crap but I have to agree with her. I just don't vape where I didn't smoke, simple as that. Non smokers are easily pissed off but they'll happily breathe exhaust fumes for hours on end. By the same token if I had never smoked or vaped in my life I don't think I'd be happy if someone was blowing clouds all over me. It's just a common courtesy. Just because we enjoy our vape doesn't mean everyone else will.
    marty, Browny and sj_funk78 like this.

Retired Account
    Not a day goes by at work in a vaping shop where I don't get asked many times "What is that wonderful smell?". Of course, it's vapour, with or without nicotine. I've not had one person ever object to the smell, and that includes loads of non smokers who come in to buy for family members or friends. I think some people are very precious these days, just because they can be.
    marty, Olfella, Browny and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I think possibly she is short and her nose is too close to her arse
    Stomp, Fatman, Olfella and 4 others like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Not a day goes by at work in a vaping shop where I don't get asked many times "What is that wonderful smell?". Of course, it's vapour, with or without nicotine. I've not had one person ever object to the smell, and that includes loads of non smokers who come in to buy for family members or friends. I think some people are very precious these days, just because they can be.
    If you really want to give off a pleasant smell even to non-smokers, try experimenting with FlavourArt's Biscotto flavour concentrate.

What shop do you work at?

Super Moderator
    Its a two sided coin isnt it .... for years we were picked on and discriminated and ostracised as smokers , and when we quit smoking and switched to vaping , we did so with the right reasons in mind ( health , getting off the Big Tobacco roundabout, saving money etc ) and as such feel a little indignant that those who havent done the research or who wish to control us , are treating us just like smokers again .... but they see that as OUR problem , not theirs ... for all they know we are still breathing out carcinogens and invading "their" space by vaping .... Society has told these folks continually that THEY are right , and its perfectly OK to segregate and look down on a particular class of citizen ... We have educated ourselves and know we do not pose the same risk to non-smokers that smokers do ( if they ever did , still not 100% on the second hand smoke train myself lol )

The key here IMO is patience , education , and a modicum of respect ... I personally dont INSIST on my "right" to vape , except in my own home , and generally conform to the same rules as smoking when out ( unless the place I am at has been educated and allows vaping ) ... because the quickest way to ingrain "vaping is bad ", is IMO (again) to wave it in someones face and INSIST its your "right" .. when you do that , your disrespect for that person is channeled into vaping as a whole ... they dont see the argument as a person chewing gum in their presence , instead they see a person disrespecting them , and rightly or wrongly might see ALL people who vape as considering themselves "above the law" , even tho we presume the law does not apply to us ( and true it doesnt , but as we know its simply a strike of legislative pen before it can be ...do we want that ?)

In short , dont argue , educate .... respect where you are unless its yours , work towards making vaping acceptable instead of shoving it in someones face cos you can .

* all the above is just an opinion , but in today's world where everyone is convinced their own personal wants/opinions override everyone else's, sometimes you have to give to get ...Vaping may not kill you , but being back on the smokes will
    JWH, giruvian, gtadmin and 7 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast