Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the MX today

In the MX today

Hi guys bout to shoot off to bed but just remembered I saw a write up in the MX (for those who don't know its a free newspaper they give you on your way home at train stations)

I think I may have it in the car and if i can find it I will scan and upload here. Did any one else see is? I was pretty much the usual BS about nic being a poison and that they could be dangerous and bla bla bla....

as I said I will try and get a copy up here tomorrow.

EDIT: Just shot an email off to the editor to see if I can get a copy

Cheers,

Matt
    Last edited by smitty87; 07-12-11 at 12:16 AM. Reason: putting off going to bed
    JuiceWhore Sig

I had the chance to speak to the vendor that assisted with that interview. Looks like the writer decided to throw out the truth (which they were provided) and stick with the official BS government line.

I'll be talking to him again tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get a copy of the piece. Then I can tear it to bits

Raa
    I have it here.. saved it on purpose. I will get it scanned today.
    I thought the interesting thing though was that on the very next page there was an article on a wonder cure for hangovers for which you simply have to drink a shot of this liquid and your problems are gone. So on one page there was a hit piece on eCigs that makes it sounds as though were are all stupid for thinking that eCigs could possibly help us stop smoking and on the next page there was something that read pretty much as an advert for this wonder cure that will let us drink ourselves into oblivion with no after affects.

meh

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Isn't MX murdochs media?

mxecigs.jpg

I got a copy from the editor via email.

Here it is....
    Last edited by smitty87; 07-12-11 at 11:01 AM.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Quote Originally Posted by smitty87 View Post
    mxecigs.jpg

I got a copy from the editor via email.

Here it is....
    Thats what I expected from reporters, they are afraid of the government

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    I had the chance to speak to the vendor that assisted with that interview. Looks like the writer decided to throw out the truth (which they were provided) and stick with the official BS government line.

I'll be talking to him again tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get a copy of the piece. Then I can tear it to bits
    Am interested in what response you will get, if you ever get one thats not automated

Mad
    Potentially poisonous... Nothing to stop their importation for personal use...E-cigs are legal in the US and some European countries... the TGA said they were unregulated in Australia... The TGA has not tested these products or verified what is in them... There is no guarantee that these products are safe or effective...

All true, and not exactly fire and brimstone. No argument in the article that the product should be banned from import. Personally I would prefer the TGA did test and regulate so we did know what was in them, so if the Government moves in this direction good for them (and us).

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad View Post
    All true
    I spot a number of facts that are clearly untrue. Then again its 99% quotes from the TGA and 1% reporting. How these people can call themselves reporters is beyond me.

We dont know what is in them = We do.
    They are not effective = They are.
    Not a safe alternative to cigarettes = This depends on how you look at it. All currently available data certainly suggests its SAFER then smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post
    We know whats in them and so does the TGA. They just dont want to admit it because they dont know how to profit from it yet.
    I expect that if the TGA does admit testing and do regulate, it wont be a pretty sight when we go to buy nic juice. I would be expecting the government to stop all imports (except licensed businesses) so they can control the monopoly, and the pricing and taxes will be as high as analogues. I hope Im wrong, but thats the feeling I get when thinking about the situation..

Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post
    They are not effective = They are.
    Not a safe alternative to cigarettes = This depends on how you look at it. All currently available data certainly suggests its SAFER then smoking.
    Do we? We think we know what is in them, and we probably have a fair idea, but as they are not subject to testing by an independent regulatory body can you be sure? For example, is the nicotine mixed to the desired strength in hygienic conditions, with food grade (and not industrial grade propylene glycol). If you are sure, on what basis do you have such confidence?

I agree they are effective, but their safety surely depends on what is in them (above).

Regulation would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast