Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: A Cop came to my place. All in all an interesting morning.

AVF Regular

A Cop came to my place. All in all an interesting morning.

So there I was. Saturday morning and I had just got up and was having my first Vape, Coffee.

There's a knock at the door and a Cop is standing there. He asked if I was me... I said yes and what's up? (I first thought something happened to one of my kids)

He told me someone saw me stopped at a traffic light "smoking marijuana" from a big black pipe and they made an anonymous report through their Crime Stoppers hot line.
    They noted my licence plate number and description of my car.

I explained to him that I must have been Vaping. I showed him my e pipe and demonstrated how it worked and that it was effectively the same as an electric cigarette.
    He then said. "My Father in law is using an electric cigarette to quit smoking but his looks nothing like yours".
    Anyway, eventually I convinced him it was in fact the same as what his father in law was using. He left and that was it.
    I also offered to take one of their drug tests to prove I was not smoking marijuana but he said there's no need.

But my experience does provoke some questions like, How do you know what someone is smoking just by looking at them?
    And don't the cops have anything better to do than follow up some idiots anonymous report? Had they provided their name then I'd understand because the cops could get back to them with their findings.

All in all an interesting morning... But it does prove one thing. The (SA) cops have no concern with people using electric cigarettes even though there may or may not be nicotine in the juice.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    Nah sa cops dont care man. I had a small interaction with a cop about it the other day, here's what happened.
    I was sitting at the lights the puffing away on my sigelei at 100w vaping distortion (which is a red bull peach tea flavor) just as I threw a huge plume out of the window a cop pulled up next to me and the cops inside got flodded by it all I could do I look in shock horror and say "sorry mate, didn't see ya there"
    To which the cop in the passengers seat replied "hahah its ok, thats smells great, thats one of them electronic ciggy things hey, been thinking about getting one of them"
    Told him they're great and ive not had a cig in over 6 months and he should get on it before the lights went green n I got the fuk outa there.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    I think being under the influence of drugs whilst driving would have been the main concern.
    Fatman, sc_rufctr and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm a little more cautious than most because I found out the other day that my small town, per capita, has the second highest incidents of drug driving in Queensland. I don't want to be pulled over for vaping. I don't use illegal drugs but I don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention from the police because of the wrong doings of others in my town.
    sc_rufctr likes this.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

AVF Regular
    This is bizarre.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hugeonreddit View Post
    This is bizarre.
    That's exactly what I thought.
    Peter

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    The (SA) cops have no concern with people using electric cigarettes even though there may or may not be nicotine in the juice.
    atleast not the ones with family members trying to give up smoking with ENDS!

Personally I think you may have got lucky with the one who came to your door, and you could quite easily of had one waste a shiteload more of your time or even seized your device for testing due to NFI

Hopefully this cop eductates his workmates during donut time

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    I think being under the influence of drugs whilst driving would have been the main concern.
    That's true and I agree 100%... I know I'd be concerned if I saw someone drinking while driving but whoever reported me could not know I was smoking marijuana by looking at me.
    So why did they even bother? ... Because they saw something they didn't understand and guessed I must have been doing something illegal.

The point is a lot of people assume the worst without knowing all of the facts.
    Peter

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post

He then said. "My Father in law is using an electric cigarette to quit smoking but his looks nothing like yours".
    [/B]
    That proves that the policeman's father in law isn't as stylish as you.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    atleast not the ones with family members trying to give up smoking with ENDS!

Personally I think you may have got lucky with the one who came to your door, and you could quite easily of had one waste a shiteload more of your time or even seized your device for testing due to NFI

Hopefully this cop eductates his workmates during donut time
    True but I would have offered to take one of their drug tests after Vaping in front of the cop. That would have settled it on the spot because I would have tested negative for any illicit drugs.
    Bobthebuilder likes this.
    Peter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast