Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Expressions of Interest - United Vapers of Australia

AVF Regular

Expressions of Interest - United Vapers of Australia

Mornin' all.

There has been extensive work going on behind the scenes and it is now time to really get things rolling with regards to a Vapers' Association for Australia. It has been decided, in an effort to break away from past issues, that this association will not be the AVA but the UVA: United Vapers of Australia. It will have absolutely no connection or affiliation, formal or informal, to any existing group or forum. I am posting this on AVF, NV, Facebook groups and anywhere else Aussie vapers might lurk (suggestions would be much appreciated ).

So now we are looking for EOIs to get a feel for the interest that is out there. If you are interested, please PM me your name, location (city/state) email address and let me know whether or not you would like to receive email updates on the UVA. I will then add you to the new database and in time, will send you out a membership form. Please be aware that you are not committing to join the UVA at this time. If at any time, for any reason you no longer wish to be associated with the UVA, simply let me know and I will delete your details from the database immediately and without question.

I and the others who are working hard on this (DogMan, Eyeyeye, KBM & tom32) will of course be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have regarding the UVA, either on this thread on via PM.

Many thanks,
    Sean
    tally-ho, Davi and vapesnake like this.

AVF Regular
    I've just had another thought...

If you want to send me your details but do not wish to let me know who you are on this or any other forum, you can email them to me at s.moyles(at)griffith.edu.au (replacing (at) with @ of course ).

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the update Sean. I think the name and the proposed logo on the WIP webpage is fantastic. Well done to you all.
    Sean likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cheers Davi. The logo (not to mention the rest of the website and forum) are Mr Dogman's work. They say he's pretty awesome...
    JenJ and Davi like this.

AVF Regular
    What is the plan of action for the association? I.e. what will you do and how will it be different to what other associations do?
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Pieski

The association is still in its infancy so no clear plan of action has been set out. My view is that the actions of the UVA will be steered by its members. The only real difference between this and other vaping associations will be that this is an Australian association specifically for Australian vapers. We need a voice to counteract the Daubes and Chapmans. We need a source of education and information for the public and media alike which isn't biased through greed and self-interest. We need to join together to show that Vaping is here to stay in Australia and we need to be able to effectively lobby against ludicrous regulations/bans.

I hope I have answered your questions to your satisfaction Pieski. If not, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Sean

AVF Regular
    Yes, I think I get the picture. Thanks and good luck.

AVF Regular
    Any update on this?

Edit: should say I did express interest in this as asked by Sean but have not had any emails at all.

AVF Regular
    Ok so I guess this is the last time I should ask but WTF is happening with this? If nothing is happening please let us know.

We have had QLD introduce new laws, ACT doing so and the Federal Government acting now with a tender process that is expected to be finalised by mid 2015.

If no one is willing or able, just let us know. At least then we can possibly tag onto international advocacy groups and ask them for help with this upcoming Federal stuff.

Please, any information would be great.

Probably better of asking over at the flounce pen. Think they took the sandpit over there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast