Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: @ Oct 2014 Federal Government position on ecigs/pv's

AVF Regular

@ Oct 2014 Federal Government position on ecigs/pv's

I wrote to the Federal Health Minister asking their current position on ENDS/ECIGS/PV'S

This is the response....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    666 and Desolate182 like this.

AVF Regular
    So you got the standard treatment then Davi.

AVF Regular
    Yeah Jen, I didn't expect anything otherwise. I'm just amazed though that what they claim is the current position of the WHO is actually one from July. Particularly because I asked about the results of the who October FCTC. This is the link to the WHO advice that is supposedly the latest within the letter...

http://apps.who.int/gb/fctc/PDF/cop6...COP6_10-en.pdf

AVF Regular
    That's interesting, I didn't pick it up. I guess they either linked to the wrong one by mistake, or they don't like the most recent one? Either way it's a bit sloppy at that level to misconstrue your question and give the wrong answer.

Are you going to write back pointing out that they didn't answer your question properly as you were asking about the October FCTC. I would.

AVF Regular
    Yep I will
    JenJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Regardless though, it just goes to show how important what the WHO says is to our Federal Government. Be aware people!

AVF Regular
    I wouldn't have expected any different a response. Unless a manufacturer is willing to go through the certification process with the TGA there is no other possible change of outcome.

The govt is just waiting for someone to die or be seriously injured from an e-cig. IMO.
    CCVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    So really unless WHO says they are great for giving up tobacco and are "generally recognised as safe" or someone or group spend a butt-load of money to get it passed through the the TGA we wont be able to buy nicotine juice from an Australian based company and will continue spending our hard earned with overseas companies boosting their economies.

AVF Regular
    I truly believe that we need to keep harping on about the reason this has worked for us.

In my opinion, the reason this has worked for me is because vaping has provided me with my personal solution, I've NOT been restricted to a one size fits all approach.

We all have been successful because of the diversity of our eliquid flavours, strengths, pg/vg mixes. We have all been successful because of the diversity of our hardware, cigalikes, egos, mechanicals, mods, drippers, clearos, cartos, tubes or box mods etc.

We have all been successful in spite of the TGA and Government Regulations. We have done it on our own by word of mouth and without one cent cost to the tax payer. We are now non smokers just like many other people worldwide that have joined this consumer lead grass roots movement. We have supported each other in our journeys and have made the Tobacco Control services obsolete because they will not join us, in fact they oppose us.

I truly hope that the UVA can help us lobby Government and that every individual vaper writes to the Minister for Health explaining how successful they have been with ecigs/pv's in getting off tobacco smoking. I hope that we can explain to him that if they are removed or hardware and eliquids become too difficult to source, we will go back to smoking.

His email is here, please write to him with your story. 'Peter.Dutton.MP@aph.gov.au'
    DogMan and CCVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    I hate to be negative Davi, but I'm so jaded from writing to these guys. I've written quite a few of these kinds of letters, telling my story and pleading for a more empathetic approach to this promising solution for smokers who have failed using all other methods. I pour my heart into these letters and it's soul destroying to get the robotic, uncaring, parroted replies that are totally devoid of any humanity, or concern at all for me as a person and a citizen.

Call me over sensitive but I feel like I can't put myself through that again. I actually find it personally hurtful.
    Cath Mort, Cheaboi and CCVaper like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast