Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Heading to Singapore in December.

Heading to Singapore in December.

I know this has been touched upon in the past but I couldn't find any recent news on people travelling to Singapore with vaping gear.
    I will be going through Singapore twice which is the worrying part on the way to and from my other destination staying a few days both times as a break in flights for my young daughter.
    I will have some gear mailed to where I am going after Singapore in case something happens and dismantle everything before I go through customs in Singapore. Will take some cheap clearos with me in my carry on so if they find them and take them no big deal and hide my better tanks and liquid in with my stowed luggage.
    Any news from people who have travelled there recently on how they went would be good.
    Cheers.

AVF Regular
    I went through Singapore twice in Feb this year and no one even looked at me.
    Skoville likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Do you know of them to be illegal in Singapore?

AVF Regular
    Nothing Ive heard of mate and I was pretty open about it
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Yes they are illegal in Singapore. People mostly have trouble bringing things in either by bus or boat. Good to hear you had no issues. So you had your gear in your carry on or person?

AVF Regular
    I had an atom and a protank in my shirt pocket and a vamo two pro tanks a couple of batteries and some juice in my carry on.
    beastie_boy72 likes this.

Cheers for the info. It has helped relieve my stress about it somewhat.

AVF Regular
    Why don't you try emailing them for info? Maybe there is a personal use clause or maybe PVs aren't considered e-cigarettes because they don't "resemble" cigarettes.

Anyway, looking at the ministry of health's website there, you should scroll down and see their "get the facts right" section about e-cigarettes. Good for a laugh.

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/health-article/674
    Skoville likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well, this seems to say that they are prohibited from importation, distribution, sale or offer for sale. Prohibition on Certain Products | HSA | Health Sciences Authority

Nothing about use; or am I missing something?

AVF Regular
    I'm from Singapore. All I will say is, u can bring it in, u can use it. But all at your own risk. It's ALL illegal. Usage distribution the works.

edit: further adding on, ive made several trips back. all with check in luggage, my main mods went into there, i carried an ego setup in my pocket, no trouble. out and about in singapore i was using mech mods and drippers. its on the spot fines if they see an ecig, plus confiscation.
    Last edited by bronco; 30-10-14 at 09:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast